Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 My Form. Please comment >

My Form. Please comment

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

My Form. Please comment

Old 09-20-2007, 08:18 PM
Spike

Default RE: My Form. Please comment

Okay folks. Here I am after the 1/2" reduction in draw length. It still may be a little too long but it feels much better. I'm getting used to the increased let-off as well.

Old 09-20-2007, 08:35 PM
Typical Buck

I have been bowhunting for about 12 years now and am still trying to improve my form and my consistency. I pretty consistently shoot 2" groups at 20 and just started shooting out to 40 on a regular basis. I use a peep and a kisser and anchor the knuckle of my pointer finger behind my ear lobe, 3 points. My question to everyone is, should I be using the string on the tip of my nose also? Right now as it stands, if I try to do this, my peep is too high. Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks, John.
Old 09-20-2007, 08:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: loogout1

I have been bowhunting for about 12 years now and am still trying to improve my form and my consistency. I pretty consistently shoot 2" groups at 20 and just started shooting out to 40 on a regular basis. I use a peep and a kisser and anchor the knuckle of my pointer finger behind my ear lobe, 3 points. My question to everyone is, should I be using the string on the tip of my nose also? Right now as it stands, if I try to do this, my peep is too high. Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks, John.
Maybe you don't understand. The peep isn't set in concrete. It can be moved, too.

On the subject of moving things; when I'm helping someone adjust a bow to fit and/or coaching someone there is only one thing that should never be moved. That is the shooter's head once he makes target acquesition (spelling). In other words you get your feet set and then look at the target. When you draw the bow you should draw it to YOU. You should never have to move your head to anchor or aim. Not one bit.

Sometimes this isn't that easy to do. It takes some real nitpicking with draw length, and helps to have lower draw weight, too. Of course, 90% of bowhunters could benefit from lowering the weight anyway.

And don't feel too bad about trying to perfect your form after 12 years. I've been doing it for 35 years and am still far from perfect. In fact, I'm on my way downhill, but never giving up.

Old 09-20-2007, 09:05 PM
Typical Buck

I wasn't too worried about having to move the peep, like you said, its not set in concrete. Do you think that adding another anchor point would help?