Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Center shot on a Bowtech Old Glory >

Center shot on a Bowtech Old Glory

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Center shot on a Bowtech Old Glory

Old 09-19-2007, 01:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Center shot on a Bowtech Old Glory

That'sa good pointKodiak. My Allegiance is set-up with the center at the top of the hole and shoots darts with the QAD drop away rest.
Old 09-19-2007, 02:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

Even though you can get by a tad high or low. Optimum place is center of the Berger hole/Rest hole as long as everything else is correct.

Dan
Old 09-24-2007, 08:53 PM

My statement is not wrong bro....The burger buton hole you guys are refering to is the prime vertical location for the arrow rest designed for a particular bow.....it is not refered to as the "Center Shot" because it's NOT in the center........The term center shot ismost commonly used in reference to a left or rightof string center to limb/riser ratio. The verical adjustment for the arrow restcan vary depending on the design of the bow a lot.There are many different designs. Measure your "burger button hole" from each end of your bow axle, or from each end of the limb tip of a recurve.....i believe you'll find the rest mounting hole, or burger button hole, if you so choose,is located quite a bit higher than center....I have never heard of a "Vertical center shot" and ihave 17 yearsin archery this year, and have done a lot of fine tuning and rebuilding compound bows. i've just got started into building traditional bows this last year. Boythat has been an education! I've only scratched the surface on the bowyers trade, it's fasinating ....thehistory of archery itself is something i never studied before untill researching traditional bows....Great sport we have here! Kirk

Please excuse my spelling here....i'm a great carpenter, a lousy journalist.....
Old 09-24-2007, 09:08 PM

You are right on the money Dan....the location of that hole was factored into the engineering of the bow design using even tiller adjustments. it's typically located a couple inches or more above center of the bow axle to axle,,,,But some bows perform better with the tiller adjustment a tad forward on the lower limb. thiswill effect the exact location of your rest elevation and string knock. a tad bit higher seems to be the ticket......In any case this burger button hole you guys are refering to is not the in the center of the bow....Kirk
Old 09-25-2007, 05:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Bro, you're talking a technicality here.

Yes, it's not the center in the traditional sense that it is in the center of the bow. However, it is the center as in the center placement for vertical tuning of the arrow.17 yrs of experience is nothing.
Old 09-26-2007, 07:36 AM

I could have sworn this was the "Technical" area of this forum. I'm sorry you think my mere 17 years in working on bows is insignificant. i just hate seeinhg less experienced archers, and new archers misinformed. The information i have provided above is correct, and your informatin about a good starting point for vertical rest location being the hole drilled in the riser is also correct.....the technical treminolgy is where we differ. call 6 pro shops and ask for a definition of center shot on a bow....then ask for a definition of "Vertical center shot".....i would be very interested in the response you get......The fact of the matter is.... the sight mounting hole in the riser of the bow hasn't been called a "Burger Button" hole for quite some time now....how many folks out there actually still use a burger button i'm unsure of....But i think they still sell them.....I had one on my first bow before the days of "Center shot " risers......

I'm done with this one bro.......You win.....i'll stand down.....please let us knowhow your "Vertical Center Shot"survey comes out......Kirk
Old 09-26-2007, 07:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Bro, I didn't call it insignificant I just don't know why everyone has to list how many years of experience they have as being a drving factor on one's knowledge or ability? It's not misinformation, it's a disagreement in terms. It will always be the berger button hole. And is still refered to as such by most.I'm not sure why you think it's outdated and hasn't been called one in a while. Ok bro.
Old 09-26-2007, 07:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: kirkll
I'm sorry you think my mere 17 years in working on bows is insignificant.
I suppose 40 years experience in archery is insignificant as well

Dan
Old 09-26-2007, 10:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

OK you guys....remember back in the days when you could(still can)buy the plastic arrow rest(cheep looking thing)with the hole in it so you could stick it over the Berger button hole and screw the plunger in...if you got your nock right you were almost ,if not right on.....Even my PSE Kudu has it and I use it with the plastic stick on arrow rest because my 400 clasic carbons work best that way...but like some of you Ive only worked on/shot bows for 24 yrs and Iam stil learning a thing or two.
Old 09-26-2007, 10:30 AM

I hadn't checked this in a while, but I didn't mean to cause trouble. I think this thread is worse than when someone asks about the whisker biscuit or high fence hunting lol

Quick Reply: Center shot on a Bowtech Old Glory

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.