Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 HIGH COUNTRY WARRANTY >

HIGH COUNTRY WARRANTY

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

HIGH COUNTRY WARRANTY

Old 09-09-2007, 06:23 AM

Default HIGH COUNTRY WARRANTY

It seems the latest news on High Country bows using the Barndale limb is that the limbs on these models may only be covered by a one year warranty and not the LIMITED LIFETIME warranty that some of those that purchased the bow believed they were getting. I think it may have been a little irresponsable for those involved directly with High Country to be on the archery boards promoting shooting under 5 grains per pound while only offering a one year warranty on their limbs. I will be curious to see if a bow that offers a one year warranty can make it in the days of the LIFETIME WARRANTY. Hopefully the spokesman from HIGH COUNTRY will come on the forum and clear this up and let the owners or possible future purchasers of their products understand exactly what is covered under the warranty. Yes I realize that Barnsdale only offers a one year warranty on their limbs, however other companies that use their limbs extend the warranty at their own cost.

BD
Old 09-09-2007, 07:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: HIGH COUNTRY WARRANTY

Mine has a lifetime... and I shoot at close to 6gr/# with it. So I'm not exactly worried about it.

I really like the bow, but I will say that if the service ends up being like it was before they came under new ownership, then they won't be around much longer than MOR was.
Old 09-09-2007, 08:47 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: SwampCollie

Mine has a lifetime... and I shoot at close to 6gr/# with it. So I'm not exactly worried about it.
I wouldn't be so sure about that SC. If you check their ads now, they say "limited lifetime warranty". That means conditions. If you check this thread (http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=551602), the HCA owner himself (fastpassthrough; post #20) says that "Dave" (Barnsdale) offers a one year warranty on his limbs for certain things only; implying that is what HCA will cover. In this thread, it is a delamination on a Mace. He never does come back and answer a question posed on 9.3.07 as to whether or not HCA will replace Barnsdale limbs for the lifetime of the HCA bow even though it only carries a one year warranty. He's been on that particular board since the question has been asked, so his silence is a little disheartening I would say.
Old 09-09-2007, 05:11 PM

Snood Slapper, I too am a little concerned about Richard's (fasspassthroughs) silence. I owned High Country bows back in the early 90's and just retired one of my favortites (Ultra Extreme) about 6 years ago. Outside of the terrible customer service I always loved the product. I was hoping they would return to the high end archery market but this latest warranty news doesnt look good. It makes me question the credibility where all the current Iron Mace owners seem to believe they have a lifetime warranty on the full bow and High Country seems like they are not being upfront with the limb coverage issue.

BD
Old 09-10-2007, 04:02 AM

I think it may have been a little irresponsable for those involved directly with High Country to be on the archery boards promoting shooting under 5 grains per pound while only offering a one year warranty on their limbs.
In my opinion, it's a bit irresponsible to promote shooting under 6 grains per lb no matter what the warranty or the bow. Just because a bow might be capable of it, doesn't make it safe or good for accuracy.
Old 09-10-2007, 07:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

I wonder how Elite handles this issue?
Old 09-10-2007, 09:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

All I know is that I have a warranty card that came with my Iron Mace that offers a full 5-year warranty on Parallel Limb bows (everything but the strings)- and after 5 years, the owner pays 50% of retail price for replacement parts.

I also heard through the grapevine that HCA will be going over and above the warranty on the card, and offering a lifetime warranty (everything but the strings) to the original owner. Ebay bows will be considered second-hand.

Not gospel, but close.
Old 09-19-2007, 06:07 PM

I dont hunt, but target shoot,and have aHigh Country Bow. Great bow, Love it. BUT, and I signed up just to say this about High Country !!! Once you buy a High Country its yours and yours alone. They want nothing to do with you once you own it. Good luck with any warranty.

Two archery dealers I deal with, no longer carryHCA products, for this reason.
Old 09-19-2007, 09:29 PM

This is how it works, Dave Barnsdale warranties the limbs for one year, if the limbs break during that year, he replaces them, no cost, once after that time, High Country replaces them for you as a part of their Lifetime Warranty, out of their pockets.
Old 09-20-2007, 03:13 AM
Fork Horn

This is 100% right. I had a guy in the other day with a HCA with a delamination on a limb. (03 Max-xtreme) I tried to get HCA to help this guy out and they just kept giving me all kinds of excuses. This guy has a warranty card and everything.He finally got tired of it and we got him shooting a new APA.If HCA was the only bow on the market, I would brake my own hand and hunt with a cross-bow.

ORIGINAL: swampcat874

I dont hunt, but target shoot,and have aHigh Country Bow. Great bow, Love it. BUT, and I signed up just to say this about High Country !!! Once you buy a High Country its yours and yours alone. They want nothing to do with you once you own it. Good luck with any warranty.

Two archery dealers I deal with, no longer carryHCA products, for this reason.

Quick Reply: HIGH COUNTRY WARRANTY

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.