HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Technical (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical-20/)
-   -   ripcord arrow rest? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical/205359-ripcord-arrow-rest.html)

blondiez24 09-02-2007 02:59 PM

ripcord arrow rest?

Hi I just had a few questions about this rest. I currently am shooting a whisker biscuit, but I am thinking of switching to a drop away. First I was wondering if anyone uses this rest, and what there thoughts were on it. Second they say you can cock this thing back before you shoot, but does it still drop away when you cock it before the shot. Is this rest very loud? I have heard some drop aways that were loud. Do they make one for a older hoyt havoctec bow? My riser has like a recessed spot where the rest goes, and I can't use alot of rests. Thanks for any info.

Redneck Bowhunter 09-02-2007 05:00 PM

RE: ripcord arrow rest?

Yes, it will still drop away if you cock it up. The Ripcord is a cheaper version of the QAD. With the QAD you can cock it up but also it will stay up on a slow let down. Full containment all of the time until you pull that trigger. I don't know if it will fit on your bow but i know on mine i have some problems. I shoot a razortec and the rest has to stay in one spot because it cannot move into any other position because of the tec riser.I'm pretty sure that I could fix the problem if I bought the cheaperone with the arm that bends out so that it could make it under the riser part.

blondiez24 09-03-2007 06:15 AM

I looked the qad up after you wrote that. That looks better than the ripcord. They have a hunter version for 50 dollars. That might be the best deal I could find. Does the hunter version work as good as the expensive ones?Someone give me some insight on this qad rest? Thanks alot

ps does anyone have a qad rest on an older hoyt bow with the recessed spot where the rest goes?

fjp326 09-03-2007 06:57 AM

I have the QAD hunter and it works great. I don't know about your bow though. Good luck...

Redneck Bowhunter 09-03-2007 07:13 AM

Yes, it will work just as good as the others but there is one feature it does not have. On the exoensive QAD rests it has what is called lock down technnology. LD for short make the launcher arm drop out of the way of the fletchings but then it locks paralell with the riser shelf, so that it does not hit the shelf and bounce back up into your fletchings. Davepjr has the hunter model and he likes it and has had no problems. On my reazortec it has the recessed spot also for the rest. I think you shoul be okay with the hunter model, but I would check it first and see if it will work before you buy. You should ask the shop if you could do that.

blondiez24 09-03-2007 08:12 AM

Yea the qad hunter model looks like the mounting side is short enough so that it would work on my recessed riser. Does the lock down technology really make that much of a difference though? Has anyone had the rest actually come back up and hit the arrow? Is this rest pretty quiet? I don't know if any shops around here would have this rest for me to try, so I wanna get as much info as possible. Thanks alot for the help

Redneck Bowhunter 09-03-2007 09:31 AM

Well, there have been cases of other rests that bounce back up and cuase problems. But, with this rest I have heard of no such problems. As I have said Davepjr has this one and he likes it and has had no problems. You should PM him and get the details. It is very quiet. All that you should do is when you get it also get the limbsaver drop away pad to put on your shelf so that the arm does not makea noise when it drops and hits the shelf.

Dakota6gun 10-15-2007 09:57 AM

I have had trouble with the QAD. I bought the professional model. The "Velocity Drop-away Technology" or "VDT" created a real problem for me. Once tuned, the rest seemed to work very well. My bow (a Bowtec Guardian), was shooting great groups, much better than with the whisker bisquit I'd used before with my TomKat. I was trying the FOB fletching alternative. Works beautifully, until the VDT failed to work once. At that point, the FOB came flying off, my arrow took off into space without fletching, and the QAD internals were smashed. Now I have a $100 rest that lasted me exactly two days, less than 50 shots. I'm probably going to go with the Rip Cord rest. The VDT on the QAD is no reliable enough for the FOBs I want to use, with soft fletching you only get an errant shot. With FOBs... In the few shots I made with FOBs, I found them to be really very good. I'd like to stick with them, so I think the QAD is out.

sgtbowhunter 10-16-2007 02:13 AM

I have a ripcord on both my reflex superslam and my Hoyt Powertec. I have had zero issues with either. I bought the one on my hoyt new and the one on my reflex used off of AT classifieds. Both work really nice and I like that they lock into position (for stalking) untill you come to full draw. I usually just leave it in the down position untill I draw back so it doesn't make any noise drawing the arrow across the rest in the up position. I have never used another drop away rest but don't see any reason for me to switch. Hope that helps.