Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Gettin a new rest... >

Gettin a new rest...

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Gettin a new rest...

Old 08-31-2007, 05:50 PM

Default Gettin a new rest...

due to malfuction, my old quick tune micro has been removed. I am selecting a new rest tomorrow and would like some input. I have heard a lot of the WB (good and not so good), but what do you think of the quick tune 360 or a drop away? Looking for some guidence.

I shoot an 04 Bear TRX 29" draw @ 67lb
31" st epic 300 with blaser vanes
I shoot a release and 80% from a 15' stand

Any info would definately be appreciated
Old 08-31-2007, 10:28 PM

Default RE: Gettin a new rest...

Wake up and smell the gutpiles!

And get a whisker biscuit!

Good luck hunting! >>>------------>
Old 08-31-2007, 10:50 PM
Fork Horn

usually the only people saying something bad about WB are people who dont use one or people who dont set it up right (its not hard)ive used a WB for at least 6years never had a problem, no dropped arrows, no hang ups, no broken strings, nothing to get in the way of making my shots on deer.
Old 09-01-2007, 06:34 AM

i use a trophy ridge drop away, its a great rest. i have recently tried the trophy taker pronghorn dropaway but i don't like it, i will be goinig back to the trophy ridge. i have a friend that uses a whisker biscuit and loves it.
Old 09-01-2007, 10:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Something is really going to have to happen for me to change my mind about my WB. I have shot one ever since they came out on the market and it is the best all around huntingrest I have ever used.
Old 09-02-2007, 06:44 AM

SJ... I went with a WB and am so far pleased wit hits simplicity and easy set up..However..after shooting through it last night I have notced some markings on the Blaser fletchings...what would cause this..Cock feather up, strong marking on the right and a soft marking on the left...any ideas??? I will post a pic in a min...
Old 09-02-2007, 06:48 AM

this is not my pic..it belongs to m00sedrool who has the same markings as i..any ideas...

Old 09-02-2007, 10:45 AM
Boone & Crockett

If your thinking about the WB.... Look at the Hostage too and you deceide. Less contact with arrow, no contact with you vanes.
I don't use either, but I have owned a WB and wouldn't recommend it to any one.

Old 09-07-2007, 10:53 AM
Spike

I currently have a WB and like it but i dont love it. The rest i have been currently eyeing up is the QAD Ultra Rest. If i buy a new bow im definately going with a drop away but the WB will allways be on my back up bow.
Old 09-07-2007, 11:27 AM

You won't be dissapointed in the performance aspect of the QAD for sure. It functions awesome, but if your bow is a Hoyt I would ask to put the rest on first before you buy it. Mine does not adjust very much because it hits the TEC riser. TheWB is a great hunting rest. You won't go wrong with it.

Quick Reply: Gettin a new rest...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.