Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 quieting wisker biscuit? >

quieting wisker biscuit?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

quieting wisker biscuit?

Old 09-03-2007, 07:35 AM

Default RE: quieting wisker biscuit?

I was breaking in a new black biscuit when the droptine first came out. The new Mountain Archery "house brand" camo Goldtip arrows I was shooting made some noise on the draw, and I was concious of it. That particular morning I was shooting blunts at a cardboard box at 100yards, and the arrows were getting alot of sand, dirt, and pine needles on them. At first I was wiping the arrows off before I shot them. Then I got the idea that maybe shooting the arrows dirty through the rest would expedite the breaking in of the new biscuit. About 100 gritty arrows later both the rest and the arrows were quiet.

Now for hunting, I would recommend keeping both the rest and the arrows clean and dust free. Because dust and dirt on the arrow can cause noise. I carry a cotton cloth as a reminder to wipe the arrow before it goes on the bow when I hunt.

But for informal target work, shoot the piss out of the biscuit dirty, it will still work and it will get softer and friendlier as you shoot.

Good luck hunting! >>>------------>