Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 what arrows should i get??? >

what arrows should i get???

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

what arrows should i get???

Old 08-30-2007, 04:20 PM

Default what arrows should i get???

I'm shooting a 70lbs bow at 28.5 draw length. The bow is a Fred Bear Instinct. I'll be getting my arrows from bass pro and would like to know what you guys suggest in terms of carbon arrows. Also, what kind of speed am I lookin at w/ my setup? I'll be shooting a release, loop, peep w/ tube alignment, and one nock. Also on my string are some string leaches. Also, if anyone has suggestions on a pendulum sight that'd work w/ my bow let me know.
Old 09-01-2007, 04:18 PM
Spike

Default RE: what arrows should i get???

I'm shooting Easton Axis Full Metal Jackets and love them. They are a carbon core with an aluminum outer shell. I've hit the ground numerous times sighting in my bow and each one of them are still as straight as when I bought them. They also featut HIT (Hidden Insert Technology) the insert is inside of the arrow itself leaving no collar on the end of your arrow. It also assures better broadhead alignment. I just made up 4 more with blazers on them to try out.

I'm not sure what my speed is, but the way my bow is setup I only have to use one pin for 10-25 yards.
Old 09-03-2007, 12:03 AM

I heard these arrows are heavier than other carbon arrows, any truth to that?? What about the cost?
Old 09-03-2007, 10:37 PM
Spike

Well they are a carbon core with an aluminum wrap.
I think I paid 120 for a dozen?

I just brought that back in to have blazers put on.

I will be sticking to these arrows for the next few years unless someone can turn me to an arrow that they think are better.
Old 09-05-2007, 07:02 PM

Depend how much money you want to spend. Easton Epic 400 ST work real well with quick spin hunter st vanes. 12 shafts are around $60.00 and a 36 pack of vanes $20.00. I am now shooting Carbon Express Maxima Hunter 350's with the same vanes. These cost $119.00 fro 12 shafts plus the cost of the vanes. The shoot cut my group size in about 1/2. I would fletch your own arrows. I bought the Bohning w/ striaght clamp for $27.00 and use the AAE Fast Set Glue. It allowed me to try 2" Blazers and the Quick Spin Hunter. My broadheads now shoot the same spot as my field points. Just my opinion

Thanks Jeff

Switchback XT 70# 28" draw
NAP Smart Rest
Viper Pro 2000 Sight
PSE Top Gun 8 arrow quiver
Scott Little Bitty Goose release
Old 09-05-2007, 07:14 PM

I just bought a dozen Carbon Fury 6075s at Bass Pro and I think they shoot better than the Carbon Force (PSE) arrows I was shooting. Plus, they were only $49.99/dozen and they are made by Eastman Outdoors, so they are coming off the same machines as and look just like Carbon Express arrows.
Old 09-05-2007, 07:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot Easton carbon arrows, but I like Carbon Express much better.
Old 09-05-2007, 08:01 PM

I'm shooting BlackHawk Vapor Pro's. 55/70 I think. They are $64 a dozen. I use 100 grn Thunderheads. No problems/complaints here.
Old 09-05-2007, 10:41 PM
Boone & Crockett

Just make sure you get the right spine arrows for your set up. Picking an arrow for you is like asking us what pair of shoes to get. I like a heavy arrow, while most rookies will fling light arrows at a million FPS thinking they are going all the good.

Same thing goes for sights. What can you afford, and what are you going to be doing with your bow. 3D, targets, hunts.. What conditions?
Old 09-07-2007, 10:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

2 things I look for in an arrow. Tight straightness/weight tolerances .002, .003or less and the finish of the arrow. There are some that make way to much noise when drawn and some that make almost none.

Quick Reply: what arrows should i get???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.