Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Arrow flight.

Old 08-28-2007, 10:34 PM
Fork Horn

Default Arrow flight.

alright, so i have a problem with my arrow flight just had them redone with blazers and wraps, they fly fine at 20 yrds, but once i started shooting at 30 yrds my arrows are doing full loops. could this be bad arrow fletching, or my whisker biscuit not performing correctly?

thx i
Old 08-29-2007, 06:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Arrow flight.

could be alot of things. arrow spine, bow tune, poor form/grip...id start there...
Old 08-29-2007, 06:17 AM
Boone & Crockett

Sounds like contact some where... Can you posta picture of the arrows?
Old 08-29-2007, 07:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

make sure that the arrow isn't hitting the arrow rest. I just had some work done on my bow and when I got home and started shooting it, I was experiencing the same thing...I solved the problem by making sure the arrow was not hitting the rest.
Old 08-29-2007, 09:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

You can pretty much always depend on having to retune the bow every time you make a change to the bow/arrow setup. You've gone to a different size fletch and put wraps on the arrows. You've changed the amount of steerage your arrows had and changed their FOC. Tune up time.
Old 08-29-2007, 10:06 AM
Typical Buck

My opinion, is the WB, I had my arrows doing the same thing.
You should try and move the WB a bit and papertune.
Are your arrows fletched straight or offset ? Check to see if the vanes are evenly placed on the shaft.

best thing is to papertune first and show us the pics.

F.
Old 08-29-2007, 04:34 PM
Fork Horn

well the guy i had do my arrows didnt do such a good job on wrapping my arrows or fletching them the vanes are everywhere, varying on what arrow i look at.[:'(]looks like ill take them back and see if i cant get them done right, also might just find a new drop away rest. the WB seems to rip my vanes right off.
Old 08-29-2007, 04:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I've been using a Biscuit for around 7 years now, and NEVER had a vane come off of an arrow! Yes,the Biscuitwill make your vanes wavey, butthey don't effect my accuracy at all. I believe the people that blame things on the Biscuit don't have it set up properly,and or, don't have the cock vane up.
The only time I loose a vane is when I take it off with another broadhead.Maybe time for you to find a new "pro shop"

Old 08-29-2007, 11:02 PM
Fork Horn

definetly time for a new proshop, but i am shooting cockvane up.
Old 08-30-2007, 08:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Look for a new shop or complain tactfully to the owner. Somebody isn't fletching arrows correctly. As early said, fletching does not just come off shooting through a Bisquit. One trick to this is what we call spot gluing. That is putting a drop of glue at the leading tip of the vane to smooth it out, so nothing can slide under it should you shoot through something.

Quick Reply: Arrow flight.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.