HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Technical (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical-20/)
-   -   Cracked a limb on my 07 Liberty (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical/204545-cracked-limb-my-07-liberty.html)

NWA 08-28-2007 11:27 AM

Cracked a limb on my 07 Liberty

I just wanted to post this to see if this is a normal thing to be happening. This bow is about one month old and the upper limb has cracked length wise. I called bowtech and they will not deal with me direct. They say I need to go back to Gander Mtn. where I purchased it and to have them contact us, ( us being Bowtech).

This really stinks[:@] I love the way the bow shoots and feels.They just need to maybe use a better quality limb. I've shot it aprox. 200 times. Will Bowtech take care of this in a timely fassion? Or will I get hosed?

Also, what is the length of the string and cable?

Thanks for the help
Nick

bigcountry 08-28-2007 12:32 PM

RE: Cracked a limb on my 07 Liberty

I have never heard of the liberty having limb issues. I hear of the allegences and tributes in 05-06. I have a liberty with maybe 4000 shots thru it without issue.

You didn't dry fire it did ya?

NWA 08-28-2007 12:45 PM

Thanks for the reply. Nope, I didn't dry fire it. I was simply shooting last Saturday and on one draw I heard a light crunching or a creaking noise. I still released the arrow and all was well except for the splinter which is now present in my upper limb.

At least this seems to be a isolated incident. I'll hope for the best, that Gander Mtn. will do like they should. ( I have'nt had the best of luck with them in the past) I know this will raise a question as to why I purchased my bow from them then. Well I just figured that I could deal directly with Bowtech ( like I have with Parker) .... I was wrong.

Nick

bigcountry 08-28-2007 12:48 PM

I love bowtech, but the things that really bother me about buying from them is the nontransferable warranty and having to deal with the dealer at all times. I think you can take it to another dealer.

BOWHUNTERCOP 08-28-2007 12:56 PM

BowTech is a great company, and they will fix it at no charge to you, I can't see them saying NO!!!!

BowTech's limbs are known to have the most problems within the bow community, this something they need to work on, cause overall they make a great product

cjsportsman 08-28-2007 01:06 PM

happened to me this past spring with my 07 Allegiance, took about 2 weeks to get the limbs in, since then no probs and the bow shoots awesome..

NWA 08-28-2007 01:09 PM

Thanks again fellas. So if they are having bad luck with limbs. Will the new limb-limbs be any different or better?

I've actually got the ball rolling with Gander mtn. My Bow is in their possesion, which I really do not like. But, I'll give them one chance to make it happen for me. If they drop the ball, i'll never buy a big ticket item from them again.

Nick

NWA 08-28-2007 01:25 PM

Oh yeah, I almost forgot. Does anyone know the string and cable length?

Thanks again
Nick

passthru79 08-28-2007 04:46 PM

My buddy and I both had 05 allegiances and he went through two sets of limbs in a year. Although bowtech was fairly quick to take care of that problem he switched brands do to several other problems with the bow.

JoshKeller 08-28-2007 08:55 PM

i had a 2004 liberty, and after 3 sets of limbs, it was determined as a limb pocket problem. There is just too much pre-stress in those limbs as fars as im concerned.