Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Cracked a limb on my 07 Liberty >

Cracked a limb on my 07 Liberty

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Cracked a limb on my 07 Liberty

Old 08-31-2007, 03:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Cracked a limb on my 07 Liberty

ORIGINAL: txjourneyman

Bob just so ya know I've got 2 cans of whup a$$ ready for the shoot tomorrow!
Yeah but are you going to come and shoot from the "man" stake or stay up at the "kiddie" stake?[8D]
Old 08-31-2007, 05:12 PM
Boone & Crockett

Greg are you going to wear a skirt... like in golf if you hit from the red tees you have to wear a skirt..... Don't forget your knickers, I don't want to get a free shot (Yikes).[:'(]
Old 08-31-2007, 06:17 PM

rev ,,that was a whole lot of honesty there dude....and a lot of good reasons for your bowtech patronage.... you could make anyone look at this company in a new light ....even if they had problems with them..nice post....by the way i seen pics of your pro40 before and that is one of the nices bows i've seen.
Old 08-31-2007, 06:47 PM
Host of Hosts

PA Buck HNTR, I said their POLICY leaves a lot to be desired. Also just because I'm new here does not mean I don't know anything about bows or archery. I came here for guidance and to voice my opinoin about how I feel, and I really dont appreciate your tone with me. So I guess I'll just move along. Sorry, if I upset you and hurt the way you feel about Bowtech. I have spoke with Jeff Baker ( Service Rep From Bowtech)on a few occasions about this bow. I still don't like the fact that I have to rely upon someone else to fix my bow.
I know what you said and I didn't single you out specifically. As far as my tone I'm not sure how you could hear it through words on a computer screen. I'm not trying to accuse you of anything. I'm just pointing out that I've seen many fawns show up here in the last 4 years and post negative crap about a company and never hear from them again.

I'm also notupset at all by your comments. As far as having someone else work on your bow, that's how it is with every major bow company. Not just Bowtech.
Old 09-01-2007, 04:51 AM

Ok I will finally bite on this one.I had an 06 Allegiance that went through 3 sets of limbs.After the second set failed Bowtech wanted the bow back to examine.Len shipped the bow back to Bowtech and the bow came back with new limbs and was said to be ok.So while I was at Len's picking it up I decided to take some range time,and on the 3rd. shot the limb cracked again.Len proceeded to drop what he was doing and called Bowtech imediately.Bowtech Told him to take an 06 Allegiance off the shelf and give it to me.At this point I was not sure I wanted to shoot another Bowtech.I tried playing with several different bows that Len had in stock,and after much brain storming I decided to accept the 06 Allegiance.Was I upset with all this problems with that bow?Yes,in fact I walked into Len's after the second set split and told Len that Bowtech could have that bow back and throw it in the trash!!!!!!!!!But in the end Bowtech's customer service has kept me a loyal customer for life!! Bowtech makesa great product and hasawesome customer service to boot!!! I have personally called Bowtech on 2 occasions for questions on my old Black Knight and had no problems getting answers quickly.I also agree with the statement that most Pro Shops would offer a loaner in an instance like this.Len was constantly asking if I wanted to shoot a loaner,But I just didn't want to be responsible for a loaner,but had this problen occured in hunting season then maybe I would have.If you are having problems getting in touch with customer service then shoot Pat Dinan(BOWTECHSHOOTER)A pm,I am sure he can get your problem resolved.I met himat Lens one day and he was a nice guy to talk too..
Old 09-01-2007, 01:57 PM
Boone & Crockett

Okay, now it's said and done. The TFAA State Tournament is over. All is finished... Did you forget the can opener on your second can of whup A$$
I hate to post this Greg, but you asked for it... it was close
Greg shot a 421 and the Rev shot a 423,,, you should have brought one more can of whup A$$...BTW Russ ( Ausie-guy) didn't finish he had a string problem, he gave it up after five targets.I know that sux.

I had fun my friends, I can't wait for next season, but now for now, lets get some game in the freezer!
Old 09-01-2007, 03:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

BTW Russ ( Ausie-guy) didn't finish he had a string problem, he gave it up after five targets.I know that sux.
My own fault Bob I had one of gibblets string/cables to put on the bow but kept putting it off cause the bow was shooting great.

Got it changed out now thoall I have to do is shoot it in, reset the peep, tune it back up, sight it back in and make another sight card

Btw I pulled the string apart and there was a couple of broken strands under the serving so it was a good call to walk off when I did[8D]

Also mate you done good on your first 3d shoot congrats.
Old 09-01-2007, 04:18 PM
NWA
Spike

I have another update. I went in to Gander last night and spoke with the manager and he let me trade up to a Tec Hunter Elite. It is made exclusively for Gander Mtn by Bowtech. I am just happier than a pig in
sh_ _. This thing shoots amazingly well and it has got to be the quietest bow I have ever encountered. There is one small thing, which I think will work it's self out. The cam has the slightest creek when drawing. I applied a bit of silicone lube in the area but it is still slightly creeking. It may be it needs to be shot a few more times to get broke in. Or if anyone has any ideas I would love to hear them.

PA Buck HNTR, no worries mate, I understand where you were coming from.

Nick
Old 09-01-2007, 05:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: The Rev

Okay, now it's said and done. The TFAA State Tournament is over. All is finished... Did you forget the can opener on your second can of whup A$$
I hate to post this Greg, but you asked for it... it was close
Greg shot a 421 and the Rev shot a 423,,, you should have brought one more can of whup A$$...BTW Russ ( Ausie-guy) didn't finish he had a string problem, he gave it up after five targets.I know that sux.

I had fun my friends, I can't wait for next season, but now for now, lets get some game in the freezer!
Well, I did have another can. I spilled it all over myself! The Rev beat me fair and square! It was a fun day and a close shoot. I'm just glad it was only 2 points. It was looking worse for a while. I gotta go out in the back and shoot some doves now. See ya!