Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

pendulum sight

Old 08-28-2007, 04:27 PM

Default RE: pendulum sight

Im shooting a gold tip 7595 its 400 grains.My bow is shooting 304 fps.At 20yrds in shooting about 1 1/2 inches high,and at 40 yars its hitting at the bottom of a block 4x4 diamond.I think its about 1 1/2 low.I havent tried it right under my tree yet.When I get home from offshore next week I will shoot it more and let you know.
Old 08-28-2007, 04:29 PM

That is a 1 1/2 high at 20yards forgot to put the distance in.

Old 08-28-2007, 06:25 PM
Typical Buck

do ya'll have the tru glo that you can lock down and use the slider bar? that is the one I was going to give a whirl. I have not looked at the trophy ridge yet. I like the tritium pins b/c no halo effect when shooting in extreme low light. I have shot several deer right at dark and tried using the lighted pins but get to much glow from them. the tritium pins are awesome to use IMO.
Old 08-28-2007, 09:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Grasshopper;
This is the pic of the Tru Glo Pendullum that I tested .
I sighted in on ground level with the sight locked in the fixed position setting.
I only allowed the pendulum to swing while shooting from an elevated position.

Old 08-29-2007, 01:56 AM
Typical Buck

Shot it some more today. I had sighted mine in at 20 yards with the pendulum free. I can consistently hit dead on ( give or take a half inch for my error) from about 3 yards to 30 yards. It will be about 1.5 inches low at 35 and about 3-3.5" low at 40. I'm confident that it will help me take some deer this year.

Thanks for the reply LF! I think I'll shoot it fixed and swinging at 20 yards and see if there's any difference.

GH
Old 08-29-2007, 07:21 PM
Fork Horn

i have a vital gear pendulum and think its a great pendulum for the faster bows. It's dead quiet and has a lockable pin that receives excellent light. Last year i was shooting maybe 230 fps and had a lot of arrow drop from 20 to 30 yards, this year i'm now shooting about 255 fpsand have noticed better groups. If your shooting a slower bow i'd recommend sticking with a multi pin sight.
Old 08-31-2007, 09:55 PM
Typical Buck

okay. I settled with trying the tru glo adjustable pendulum. I like it so far. I have it sighted in the treestand 15ft up and it is very accurate from 0-30 yards. I have a 2 inch drop at 35 yards. Not bad I think. I am going to work on getting my slide tape set now for the ground game part of the sight. I got the tru glo .029 tritium pin and it is awesom. no batteries needed and you can see the deer target in very minimal light with no halo on the pin like when you use a lighted pin. the sight is just a little noisy when shot. I guess with any pendulum it will have this sound b/c it is a moving part. I am going to try and quieten it with a sims pad or two on the sight to deaden the vibration sound. overall after one afternoon of shooting I am very pleased with it. I used to have a keller pendulum and it made the same noise when I shot it also. no more guessing just aim at the heart and that is where you will hit. I can hit a coke can size target out to 35 yards with no problem in the pendulum mode. I sighted the pendulum in at 25 yards in the treestand. thanks for the help and input guys. just trying to give back to ya'll on my findings.
Old 09-01-2007, 06:27 PM
Fork Horn

glad your happy with your new sight arkansasbowhunter
Old 09-02-2007, 03:20 PM
Typical Buck

thanks, so far so good. getting 35 yds out of pendulum mode. I have not had time to try and setting the sliding bar mode part of the sight.
Old 09-02-2007, 03:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

I cannot find a slide pendulum combo on the savage website.
It's called the QC Ranger which stands for Quick Click.
http://www.savagearchery.com/store.php?crn=54&rn=197&action=show_detail

Quick Reply: pendulum sight

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.