Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

pendulum sight

Old 08-27-2007, 07:18 PM

Default RE: pendulum sight

I noticed you have a keller.Have you tried to tighten the two small flat tip screws on the side it should make it a little more quiet

Old 08-27-2007, 07:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have the Vital Bow Gear Camelback pendulum sight. It's a nice sight and I like it, but it does shimmy, shake, and rattle, a little bit - even in lock mode.

I have it set for 25 yards, flat level ground. Then I measured it/experimented/tested it out, and I'm dead on accurate from 5 yards to just barely 30 yards, (like maybe 27 +/- ).

Would I buy a pendulum sight again? Well, um, after raving about it last season, and then really studying it against other single pin sights, I would honestly say NO.

Butch A.

Old 08-27-2007, 07:54 PM
Typical Buck

I sold my keller long ago and tried the pin sights but still liked the pendulums. I saw a pendulum called the predator. did a search and found good things said about it. does anyone have any comments or used that sight. so far I think the tru glo may be the best of the mentioned sights. I have looked at the vital bow gear also but not seen much feedback. thanks guys.

I can honestly say I have only shot 1 deer from the ground and it waswhen I had a crossbow and had just got into hunting. every other deer has been from the trees. thats the main reason for going back to a pendulum. I never missed with it. I have missed several deer with the fixed pins though LOL.

abh
Old 08-27-2007, 09:01 PM

I have a cousin that uses a predator sight.He has been using it for a while.I didnt like it because it was only a treestand sight.But it has good distance I think he was getting about 40 yards

Old 08-27-2007, 10:05 PM

impact archery makes a pendulm that you can lock down and use its slide feature to shoot from the ground. Mine works great for both. With my 400gr arrow flying a sluggish mid 270s using the slidefeature I have a 60 yardwindow (20yds to 80yds). This make it great for 3ds.
Old 08-28-2007, 02:49 AM
Typical Buck

I bought a Tru glo pendulum on ebay for about 33.00. After setting it up and testing it out, it works pretty well. My max dead on range is about 36-38 yards. At 40, if I aim near the top of the vitals, it hits close enough to get the job done. (basically drops about 3").

As far as how quiet it was......my dad was standing under my treestand about 20 feet under me and said that the arrow striking the target 30 yards away was louder than the bow going off.

GH
Old 08-28-2007, 04:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Grasshopper;
That was good price you got on that pendulum... most sell it for around $54.00.
I played with the Tru Glo Pendulum as well.
I sighted it in on the ground at 20 yards and then shot it from an elevated position at 35 yards, and found it to be dead on accurate, very easy to setup and switches from fixed pin sight to a pendulum sight with just the turn of a knob.. I was shooting a 1 inch group at 35 yards with it.
If I recall correctly the sight packaging says the pendulum it is on out to 35 yards.
I did find that if you are shooting a slower bow for example in the 240's fps the pendulum will not work out at 35 yards... at 35 yards with the slower bow the arrows were impacting at the knee level of a whitetail when I was aiming at the heart... but they were a tight little group
Old 08-28-2007, 05:23 AM
Typical Buck

Hi ladyforge

I was wondering about something. Did you allow the pendulum to swing free when you sighted it in on the ground, or did you have it fixed?
I'm still tinkering with mine and wondered if one or the other ways would gain a little more max range?

GH
Old 08-28-2007, 02:05 PM
t3

i have owned a predator, cobra, and now have a trophy ridge. they all work well but the trophy ridge is a little more durable and when locked down it is solid. but just about any pendulum on the market is gonna do what theyre supposed to do its just a personal preference of what you want.
Old 08-28-2007, 04:06 PM
Typical Buck

With a 500r arrow I'm shooting 260fps sighted in at ground level dead on at 25yds. I would have to see you shoot out to 40yds with no drop, I bet you are 3" high at 25yds and even higher at 15-20yds.

Quick Reply: pendulum sight

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.