Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Fletching Jigs for quik spin >

Fletching Jigs for quik spin

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Fletching Jigs for quik spin

Old 08-21-2007, 09:17 AM

Default Fletching Jigs for quik spin

What jig would you recommend and at what offset would you set up your arrows using quik spin vanes.
Thanks
Old 09-13-2007, 09:06 PM
Spike

Default RE: Fletching Jigs for quik spin

I use the AAE Easy Fletcher with a Left Helical works great since I use the quickspin speed hunters.
Old 09-14-2007, 07:58 AM

I am pretty sure that you can use any jig that will work for other kinds of vanes with quik spins. You do not have to put any off-set or helical with them to have them work, but you can if you wish. I fletch using a bitz and put a little off-set with my 4" quik spins.
Old 09-14-2007, 08:06 AM

ORIGINAL: whitetails101

What jig would you recommend and at what offset would you set up your arrows using quik spin vanes.
Thanks
The instructions on the package I think recommend a right only or offset only clamp or setup and any jig will do the job. I use the right helical clamp on my Bitz for all mine and it works great. Good luck. [8D]
Old 09-14-2007, 10:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: whitetails101

Thanks
The 'right helical Bitzenburger jig' will be just fine for you.
Because of design of the quik spin vanes they recommend that you go either straight or 'right' helical---Left helical is NOT recommended.
Old 09-14-2007, 05:59 PM
Fork Horn

The NAP tech I talked to told me not to use the helical jig. He recomended the Bitzenburger jig with the straight clamp. They don't recomend much of an offset. My last package of 2.25 QS had a diagarm in it showing turning the vane so the corners of the glue edge line up kitty corner on a straight line on the shaft. My Bitz is lined up a hair to the right on the top or closer to the BH, andf a hair to the left on the bottom or closer to the knock.. It works nicely for the 2.25" and 2" Seed Hunters.
One other thing the tech told me was to put some lipstick on the little kicker wing. Clamp it in the jig, remove the vane and take a dremmel tool and grind off the metal under the lipstick. Keep repeating and grinding till no more lipstick transfers to the clamp. This really helps the clamp hold the smaller vanes better and IMO is worth the effort. This will not hurt the jig for any other vanes you might want to use later.
Just remember that QS claims 300% more spin with 4" vanes. You do not need 300% more spin. You will pay for the extra spin in lost down range energy. You need enough spin to stabilize your arrow and BH to get good accuracy. Anything more is waisted energy. I haven't tried the 3" vanes yet, the 2.25" and 2" Speed hunters both shoot pretty good for me.
Old 09-14-2007, 06:50 PM
Spike

My bad I do have the AAE Right Helical.[:'(]
Old 09-15-2007, 04:19 PM

I use the bitz straight clamp. So far I have only fletched them straight, but in the future I plan on testing the straight fletched against the offset to see which fly best out of my set-up.
Old 09-15-2007, 04:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've just had my quickspin speed hunters straight and they work a treat , can't go wrong straight

Old 09-16-2007, 06:08 AM

the package says DO NOT USE A HELICAL CLAMP or a left offset.

Quick Reply: Fletching Jigs for quik spin

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.