Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Guardian string silencers >

Guardian string silencers

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Guardian string silencers

Old 08-20-2007, 11:24 PM

Default Guardian string silencers

I just purchased my new Guardian two weeks ago and have shot it maybe 200 times and the string silencers have already broken completely off. Does that sound normal to anyone? I read somewhere where a guy had said to just put a sts on and forget the string silencers and it will be just as quite. Does anyone have expierence with doing this that would back that statement up? I had already planned on the sts but figured I would also need the string silencers.
Old 08-21-2007, 01:48 AM

Default RE: Guardian string silencers

Got my 80 pound Guardian yesterday and after the 6th shot my one string silencer blew off. The 80 pound is manufactured for South Africa. Do not think that I will replace them either.
Old 08-21-2007, 03:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

Get in contact with dan (Meanv) here on the forum and get his CSScustom dipped to match your bows camo and put on
Old 08-21-2007, 06:41 AM

80 pounds.......wow. How does that feel on draw? Did you notice how much louder your bow became when you lost your silencer? I lost two at the same time and it now sounds like a recurve.
Old 08-21-2007, 06:48 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Ausie-guy

Get in contact with dan (Meanv) here on the forum and get his CSScustom dipped to match your bows camo and put on
I hate to ever agree with Ausie- guy as he is a royal pain in the rear , but he is right. Rubber just can't stand to that kind of abuse. I will never put anything rubber on a string again. I haven't for years.
Old 08-21-2007, 06:52 AM

Mind if I ask what your silencer set up is since your also shooting a bowtech. Also how quite is it?
Old 08-21-2007, 07:46 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: smkymtndeerhuntr

Mind if I ask what your silencer set up is since your also shooting a bowtech. Also how quite is it?
Russ's (Ausie) hunting bow is equipped withthe CSS ( and is super quiet) . I know we shoot together.

The only thing I would ever put on my strings are whiskers cut down to the size of quarter.. that is the only thing that holds up to strings vibration, and weather conditions. I tried them all, that is the safest, most durable, andcheapest on the market. Worked for years. Reason some didn't use them was because the made a nose. Yes if your wiskers are two inches long they will pop like a whip... Good God, trim them .. Whiskers have been working for years, and they will continue to work. People are like sheep, they want to follow what others are doing, even if it's wrong!
Old 08-21-2007, 07:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

I lost two at the same time and it now sounds like a recurve.
Is that a comparison to a well tuned quality recurve or a 'pawn shop POS with the wrong string' recurve?
Old 08-21-2007, 08:39 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Arthur P

I lost two at the same time and it now sounds like a recurve.
Is that a comparison to a well tuned quality recurve or a 'pawn shop POS with the wrong string' recurve?

Huh? you can tune a recurve? Duh![:@]
Old 08-21-2007, 09:19 AM

At the moment I would say the pawn shop pos recurve. I was going to put a sts on it today but theres so many postings about the meanv css I think I will just order it.

Quick Reply: Guardian string silencers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.