Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Sight pin size (help) >

Sight pin size (help)

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Sight pin size (help)

Old 08-13-2007, 05:10 PM
Typical Buck

Default Sight pin size (help)

I am presently shooting tru-glo extreme 5 pin sight. All pins are .29 which is great for 25yds and under but as distance increasesI find the pin seems to coverentire targetup not allowing me to be as precise as i'd like to be. Does anybody change to smaller pins for better clarity on longer shots? This sight doesn't lend itself to change w/ the fiber configuration (you have to use pins in order thatthey are on there or cut them to change sequence).Kinda of screwed up but other than that the sight is certainly bright.Anyideas or help much appreciated.
Old 08-13-2007, 05:31 PM

Default RE: Sight pin size (help)

i use .19 pins these seem to help you may want to see if there is a conversion kit to change out your pins or sell the sight and get one with smaller pins...
Old 08-13-2007, 06:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

matt, i shoot the same sight. have the same problem. id like .019s for my last 3.

check out Fitz Fibers...they say they can modify any sight. i TRIED to take my truglo apart...im sure that its possible...but i know id break a fiber...i wanted to switch around the colors..i like the green and yellow best..the rest is awfully bright...but somethin about it..lol.

the .029s manage to cover up my 1" sqaures...

i will most likely buy a new site next year...so i doubt i go with the fitz fibers..but though about it...you can even send the sight in for them to do it.

only reason im thinking of switching is i think i want a single pin slider...
Old 08-13-2007, 07:35 PM

I use 0.19 and loves them. They work really good for any distance I shoot and are very bright.
Old 08-13-2007, 10:05 PM

I woud definetly check out fitz fibers.Theirs very tuff and bright as can be. I use .019 fitz on my CJ pro and .029/.019/.019/.010/.010 fitz on my sword apex.. I will never go back to larger fibers again, for the same problems your having....
Old 08-14-2007, 04:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Fitz are the way too go. If the hole for the fiber is not too large you can put the .019 on and melt it down and use glue to keep it in place. The muchroom has to cover the metal that hte fiber goes through. I bought the 5 packof the longer strands and put the fibers through a piece of tubing i bought at a hardware store and wire tied it in. It works great on my G5 and is bright even under low light conditions. If you'd like a picture of my set-up PM me.
Old 08-14-2007, 05:22 AM

Whats so graet about the Fitz Fiberz. I find the ones that came on the G5 are good already.
Old 08-14-2007, 05:23 AM

What's so great about the Fits Fiberz? I think that the ones that came on the G5 Optix ME were good already.
Old 08-14-2007, 07:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

The ones on the G5 are good. The Fitz are just spectacular. The fiber material is clear and has no cracks or deformaties in it compared to the G5 stock fibers. Under any light condition they do the trick and you won't need theLED to shoot under low light conditions.

If I wouldn't have gottenmyG5 MEfor $60 less than regular price I probably wouldn't have forked over the $25 for the fitz though. The reduced price gave me some extra money to tinker.
Old 08-14-2007, 08:00 PM
Spike

Hey guys, do most of the bow shops sell Fitz or where do you get them?

Quick Reply: Sight pin size (help)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.