Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

MeanV STS

Old 08-15-2007, 03:19 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: MeanV STS

Follower- Bought new STS's about three weeks ago. I have around five hundred shots on my Bowtech Patriot VFT. Is this thing great or what?? Best thing since sliced bread.

I read a lot of post and replies on whether or not to serve. I ordered twoof them. The manufacture supplies you with serving. Do you think they are trying to tell you something??? I left one bow without servings and the other with. After fifty shots on the one without, I noticed my sting was starting to get a little fussier, sort of like teasing hair at POC. I then decided to server it as well.

Everything greatin bow heaven now.

If there is any doubt, it is cheaper to install serving than buying new strings, besides you may have to re-tune after new string. Not worth all that for just a little serving even if it costs you a few FPS.

lol Sparky!!!!!
Old 08-15-2007, 06:01 AM

Thanks for the input sparky, I will look into adding some serving to my string. It sounds like they (STS manufacturer)are pretty clear on this issue, but no additional serving came with my MeanV suppressor. I am assuming that by STS, you specifically mean the STS brand of string suppressor, not STS as a generic term. Please correct me if I am wrong.
Old 08-15-2007, 07:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

Dan used to include a message in his instructions with his MeanV suppressors that he recommended serving the string at the point of contact as well... I've got just enough to make sure it doesn't touch the string there; about an inch's worth. It couldn't have cost me a nickel's worth of serving, and I bet less than 2 fps, if that.
Old 08-15-2007, 02:07 PM

Greg, I just looked again at the packaging from Dan and the MeanV suppressor, and he does note adding additional serving to the string as a recommendation.
Old 08-15-2007, 03:31 PM

I do intend to get serving put on but being that I will be in IRAQ over the next 15 months possibly and miss this season and most of next it would behoove me to replace my string and cables after i get back and pull my bows out of storage. I will serve then. For now I'm good. Retunning is what makes it fun for me. I always work on my basics and refamiliarize myself to not only my bow's but the sport also. Good luck this season to all. Happy Hunting.

MD
Old 08-15-2007, 03:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Can anyone post a pic of their bow with a mean v on it. Preferably an Allegience. I am thinking about it. My bow shop says it won't make much of a difference, but I may do it. Thanks
Old 08-15-2007, 04:05 PM
Typical Buck

looks to me like they only make it for a riser that has the the threaded hole toward the rear. my hoyt only has the front hole, no rear.
Old 08-15-2007, 04:17 PM

NCTAXI,
My friend has one on his Alli and loves it. It mounts directly to the back of the riser and comes straight back. There is no interfearance with your bow arm as with the STS that mounts and then contours around to the string. I'm sure someone will post a pic.
Old 08-15-2007, 08:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

nctaxi, did he possibly tell you that because he doesn't carry them? I'm telling you, it DOES make a difference; I put one of Dan's suppressors on every bow I own.

I like the fact that I can take everything off the string and pick up a few additional fps and let the suppressor do its work...

I just went and snapped a couple pics for you; as soon as they're finished uploading, I'll throw them up here for you.
Old 08-15-2007, 08:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

Quick Reply: MeanV STS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.