Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Question about OnTarget 2 >

Question about OnTarget 2

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Question about OnTarget 2

Old 08-03-2007, 12:09 PM

Default Question about OnTarget 2

I'm just curious here. How many people here have purchased the program by downloading? How many have bought the actual disk? I'm asking because I have been thinking about downloading it but it can only be used on that computer that its downloaded on (copyright/license purposes I assume). Anyway, what happens if my HD crashes or I buy another PC? Am I out of $25.00 just like that? You can buy the disk for twice as much but you only get 3 licenses that way and I only need 1.

Old 08-03-2007, 12:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Question about OnTarget 2

burn it onto a CD....pretty sure your allowed "backup" copies of stuff like that...i didnt realize its half price online...i was tossing around the idea of buying it...seems neatand useful..but 50 bucks for me to play around?? nah...25 aint so bad....

but if i did it would go on a CD just to have it on a disk...im pretty sure thats allowed
Old 08-03-2007, 01:09 PM

I was thinking that I could burn a copy until I called one of the guys at Pinwheel. I didn't ask him about burning it.Iwas under the assumption that once you register your copy with that one license (or product key) then thats the only computer it can be used on.

....but yeah, if you buy the CD for $50 then you have 3 product keys to use on 3 computers. Thats what the guy told me anyway.
Old 08-04-2007, 06:28 AM

Anyway, what happens if my HD crashes or I buy another PC? Am I out of $25.00 just like that?
After it's installed, backup your hard drive (this should be normal procedure for anyone with a computer). If you get a another computer, there are programs that enable you to copy everything to the new one.

I downloaded the spine matching portion of the program (the only part I'm interested in), for only $10. If I lose it, I can easily buy another at that price and not worry about it.
Old 08-04-2007, 09:43 PM

Burn your license to CD. If your computer crashes, just call them up and tell them what license number you have. They will authorize another download for free.
Old 08-05-2007, 07:55 AM

Ok thanks guys. Probably be downloading the program sometime today.
Old 08-05-2007, 07:36 PM
Typical Buck

So what exactly am I missing out on when I only have the 10 dollar veresion?