HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Technical (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical-20/)
-   -   can someone run these #s in ontarget please (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical/200451-can-someone-run-these-s-ontarget-please.html)

wild at heart 08-03-2007 07:46 AM

can someone run these #s in ontarget please

I am shooting a hoyt razortec and I want to know what draw weight I should be at. I just got new easton axis st 340 arrows (haven't cut them yet). My draw length is 30", 100 gr tips, 3 blazers. My old arrows are 30" and I like that length. What draw weight do I need for 30", 30.5", 31" arrows? If more info is needed, let me know, thanks.

The Rev 08-03-2007 08:49 AM

RE: can someone run these #s in ontarget please

ORIGINAL: wild at heart

I am shooting a hoyt razortec and I want to know what draw weight I should be at. I just got new easton axis st 340 arrows (haven't cut them yet). My draw length is 30", 100 gr tips, 3 blazers. My old arrows are 30" and I like that length. What draw weight do I need for 30", 30.5", 31" arrows? If more info is needed, let me know, thanks.
You are going about it backwards. You should first determine what draw weight you are,Then get your arrows at the correct spine.

wild at heart 08-03-2007 09:05 AM

ok, my draw weight right now is at 65 lbs.

RTA47 08-03-2007 02:11 PM

It doesn`t work that way! No one but you! can tell what draw weight you should be shooting but you!. That needs to be the first thing you do!
After that isdone? only then should you be buying arrows ect..
I don`t mean to sound like a jerk or anything but you might want to wait on cutting those arrows just yet?

The Rev 08-03-2007 03:25 PM

ORIGINAL: RTA47

It doesn`t work that way! No one but you! can tell what draw weight you should be shooting but you!. That needs to be the first thing you do!
After that isdone? only then should you be buying arrows ect..
I don`t mean to sound like a jerk or anything but you might want to wait on cutting those arrows just yet?
That is the same thing I was saying. You match the spine with what you are comfortable shooting. Simple equation.
Draw weight + Draw lenght + consider the factor of cams should determine spine arrows you need.

http://home.att.net/~sajackson/eastonchart.htmlSee if this helps you any.

Paul L Mohr 08-03-2007 04:33 PM

Actually that is why the limbs adjustable. Get a bow with a range you are comfortable shooting, then get arrows to match that range and use the weight adjustment to fine tune the bow to those arrows.

Paul

The Rev 08-03-2007 07:27 PM

ORIGINAL: Paul L Mohr

Actually that is why the limbs adjustable. Get a bow with a range you are comfortable shooting, then get arrows to match that range and use the weight adjustment to fine tune the bow to those arrows.

Paul
Yes, if you're on the border. A few pounds I can see, to fine tune it.

Straightarrow 08-04-2007 06:18 AM

Sort of on line with what Paul said, make sure you're comfortable with the maximum draw weight of your bow, try to get your arrow spine to land in the middle of that range, then use the ability to fine them throught adjustments in arrow length, tip weight and draw weight. If you can handle the full draw weight of your bow, you are limiting it's usefullness to fine tune arrow flight.

OnTarget might get you close if you have a crono'd arrow with the stats to put in the program. Without the manually obtained crono'd speed, I wouldn't rely on anything it gave you. It's pretty easy to confirm through bareshaft testing.

Redneck Bowhunter 08-04-2007 07:19 AM

I am shooting a hoyt razortec
Me Too!!! How do you like yours? I really like mine, so far it is the fastest bow I have owned. But I will be upgrading after the season!:D

wild at heart 08-06-2007 06:37 AM

I have been shooting my bow at 65# since I bought the bow 4 years ago so I think I'm pretty comfortable. I also really like the length my arrows are at and didn't want to go any shorter(if I nedded to). I don't know anything about ontarget2 so I didn't know what the process was to get the correct spine for my arrows. I am very comfortable with 65# and the above referenced information. I would really appreciate it if anyone could run these numbers in ontarget2 for me because I would really like to cut my arrows soon!!!!! Thanks for any help.

P.S. do I need to chrono a bare shaft for ontarget2 to work?