Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Alright Blazer Fans... >

Alright Blazer Fans...

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Alright Blazer Fans...

Old 08-02-2007, 09:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Alright Blazer Fans...

I need help fletching with blazers. I have a bitz jig with a right helical clamp. I cannot get my blazers to sit flush on my Axis 340's. I don't what the deal is, because I've adjusted the jig in about every position I can find and it's not working. I've fletched about 5000 arrows with other stuff and I can't figure this out. Help is greatly appreciated.
Old 08-02-2007, 10:05 PM

Default RE: Alright Blazer Fans...

Do you have the instructions? I would read those first, they helped me out.
Old 08-02-2007, 10:16 PM

only suggestion i can make is try fletching them with a slight offset instead of a helical.
Old 08-03-2007, 05:19 AM

Im not sure bud.. I do knowthat bohning recommends an 2 degree off-set not a helical..
Old 08-03-2007, 06:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

Since I don't have any problem fletching ACC's or GoldTip XT's with my rt helical Bitz clamp, I'm guessing it's Axis' extra small shaft diameter.

Try running the vane up into the clamp all the way to the base. Then take your thumbnail and pull the ends of the vane down just a bit. Blazers ought to be stiff enough to get good glue contact even with parts of the base out of the clamp slightly. Don't know if it'll work but it's something to try.
Old 08-03-2007, 06:55 AM

My guess is you might not have the rear of the blazer centered on the shaft. I will center itusing the same Bitz jig you're using then adjust the right helical. Because of the narrow shafts you wouldn't be putting a lot of twist or helical turn but you should be making glue surface contact with the axis or similar small diameter shafts.
Old 08-03-2007, 07:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey, hows it goin dubbya. They are a bit tricky due to the small diameter. You cannot have much of an offset to the jig or they tend to lay over and not sit at 90* to the shaft. Keep tryin till you get them centered(very important)on the shaft and then justoffset them a weeee bit. I use the Grayling jig which is the same as the bitz but plastic. You may waste a few vanes getting things centered but once there you should be fine.
Old 08-03-2007, 08:38 PM

ORIGINAL: crafty101

Im not sure bud.. I do knowthat bohning recommends an 2 degree off-set not a helical..
Where are you getting your info from? I have never seen Bohning state not to use helical.
Old 08-03-2007, 09:00 PM
Fork Horn

I had the same problem with my Jo-Jan, I ended up takeing metal from the front side of clamp until I got full contact with the arrow, a belt sander does a good job.
Old 08-03-2007, 09:04 PM
Fork Horn

Forgot to mention, the slight right hand twist I got made all the difference in the world on arrow flight. Got my 40yds shots down to a 4" group, under 40 I need to shoot different points on the target, those Carbon Express Maximas cost too much.

Quick Reply: Alright Blazer Fans...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.