Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 when do you nock your arrow ? >

when do you nock your arrow ?

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

when do you nock your arrow ?

Old 07-30-2007, 07:17 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: when do you nock your arrow ?

once im ready for sittin its nocked
Old 07-30-2007, 07:29 PM
Typical Buck

I'm w/ Mauser locked loaded and bow is always in my hand. I've had too many friends busted while reachin for their bow. I have my ma sew a loop on my shin of my pants to take the weight off of holding my bowi put the cam in loop and lean bow over my legs which allows me to simply slide my hand in wrist strap and raise to shoot

Old 07-30-2007, 07:30 PM
Dominant Buck

I get my fanny pack, water, binos and all that stuff ready and at hand and then I nock an arrow. I usually have the bow in hand, in a holster or laying across my stand or in a bow holder.
Old 07-30-2007, 09:55 PM

If I'm still hunting...the arrow is nocked as I walk/stand/sit. While in a tree the arrow is nocked and on my lap or hanging on the bow holder. The "click" is a good thing. Your string is not worn out and it lets you know the arrow is secure on the string.

Old 07-31-2007, 05:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

I knock as soon as i get my bow out of the cae and walk into the woods, never knwo what you might see, then unknock when i reach my stand, and reknock when i get settled into the stand.
Old 07-31-2007, 06:35 AM
Fork Horn

once im in the tree and settled in the arrow is nocked and bow is at the ready...usually in my hand laying on the rail of my summit viper.
Same here
Old 07-31-2007, 07:24 AM
Fork Horn

Im nocked, locked and ready to rock the minute I start walking to my stand.
Old 07-31-2007, 12:36 PM
BKE
Fork Horn

Depending on how early it is dictates if I nockone on the way in and when I get tomy spot of choice it's nocked and the bow isusually in my hand in a relaxed manner, but it's still making contact.
Old 07-31-2007, 12:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

m9a9g9i9c, your arrow nocks ARE too small. They should not be tight enough to make an audible click when you nock up. You want just enough snap to keep the nock on the string while you draw and shoot, but it should be loose enough to pull off the string without moving the string. You either need to carefully file those nocks with an emory board - equal amounts from both ears! - or re serve your string with a smaller diameter serving material.

I have never nocked an arrow until I was getting ready to draw. It's just too dangerous having exposed, razor sharp blades sitting around, just waiting for a chance to bite.

You guys who walk around with arrows loaded up and nocked, I hope you never slip and fall. That's an excellent way to bury a broadhead in a leg. If you've been doing it for years and don't intend to mend your ways, I wish you continued good luck.
Old 07-31-2007, 01:10 PM
Typical Buck

Arthur P, I buy my easton arrows with a nock alreayd installed, since I'll be arrowbuilding myself pretty soon I'll try and get nocks that'll fit a little better....

thx

F.

Quick Reply: when do you nock your arrow ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.