HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Technical (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical-20/)
-   -   Bohning jig (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical/199593-bohning-jig.html)

NJ/PAbwhunter 07-28-2007 11:06 AM

Bohning jig

Hello friends,

I have never gotten into fletching my own arrows before, but I am planning on getting into it soon. I shoot carbons with blazers.
I am reading some posts on here about different set ups, and I am learning from those of you who post answers regarding your experience, so thanks for that.
But my question is this,
Since I use blazers by bohning, I am leaning toward a Bohning jig. I do not see many mentions here about those jigs. Does anyone have any input on them? Pro or con. My blazers have a right offset and I use a WB.
Thanks for your input.
DW

m00sedrool 07-28-2007 04:06 PM

RE: Bohning jig

NJ/PA

Like you, I've been thinking of buying a jig for several seasons now. You may have seen my blazers/bitz post from last night and today if you've been searching the subject, and I just thought I would pass this on. After some of the advice I received from my post and from reading other recent fletching related posts, I bought a bitzenburger jig at bass pro shops this morning, and was fletching arrows within45 minutes of getting it out of the box. It's the only jig I've owned, so I can't really compare to the bohning jig, but I can tell you that it's obviously a solid, well made piece of equipment that will easily last longer than I will be able to draw a bow. It's a little pricey....but everyone else says it's well worth it, and already I'd have to agree.

As a good buddy of mine who firmly believes in buying high quality gear says....."why buy it twice?".

Good luck!

NJ/PAbwhunter 07-28-2007 05:57 PM

Thanks M00sedrool,

for the reply and for sharing what you have learned. i did read your post earlier today and gained some knowledge from your many replies.
Good luck to you.
DW

jamaltwy 07-28-2007 07:42 PM

guys

get the arizona, just set it, and forget it!!!I do all my blazers with it all three fletchings at once works great!!

davepjr71 07-29-2007 03:02 PM

The Bohning Blazer jig uses a 2 or 3 degree offset tbatis supposed to be the best position.

I have a Bitz and have used different offset with the straight jig with good results.

The Bitz is easy to set-up and gives you options to adjust the offset to decide what flies best for you. Sure it costs more than the others but it will last forever. The jojan would be the next best option.

BEARBUSTER66 07-29-2007 05:13 PM

I've been playing with the B.B.J., I also have a Jo-Jan an a Arizona,the Arizona is simple to use and seems to be a little tougher then the B.B.J.
The problem I had if you wrap your arrows you can booger them up if your not carefull with the Arizona..

Philg 07-29-2007 05:32 PM

I just purchased the Bohning Tower jig. It puts on all three vanes at the same time at a 2 degree angle. Although I have not used it yet I have heard that it isa good jig. Anyother input will be benificial to meand you both.