Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Improving FOC

Old 07-23-2007, 07:17 PM

Default RE: Improving FOC

MD,

Thanks for the advice. Next time I'm at the range, I'll have it checked. A couple years ago with the same setup I was shooting 285fps. I'm not so sure that what I'm shooting now so I'll have to have it checked. However....

I figured out a few tihngs that would help if the hypothetical chrono holds up. I could cut my arrows down an inch to 28", decrease my draw weight to 65lbs. and add 15 grains to my inserts. This would put my spine at the higher end of the "good" as well as increase my FOC to 12.33%. The part that concerns me the most is that my arrows will only be clear of my biscuit by about 1/4". Would that be cutting it too tight? Of course all of this is irrelative if my chrono doesn't hold up. At least I know where to start....