HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Technical (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical-20/)
-   -   Walmart Arrows (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical/198140-walmart-arrows.html)

BowHunterJim 07-18-2007 07:47 AM

Walmart Arrows

I have 3 arrows from walmart and i can get 3 touching at 20 yards. I dont see the need to shell out 60 bucks for twelve when u can only shoot one at a time.

Just thought i would post this to show u that u dont neeed a top of the line arrows to get good groups.

P.S They also hang about 4" over my rest.

mobow 07-18-2007 08:37 AM

RE: Walmart Arrows

Yes, you're certainly right, you can indeed get good groups with them. One thing to keep in mind about "Wal Mart" arrows though. They are typically rejects from the manufacturer and they sell them Wally World at a considerably reduced price. I've seen those arrows bend and break when shot. Be sure to check them often. ;)

BowHunterJim 07-18-2007 09:05 AM

Yeah i check all carbon arrows before i shoot them. Haveing carbon splinters in my arm does not sound fun.

Roskoe 07-18-2007 08:38 PM

I'm not a big Wal Mart shopper either, but I got some Carbon Express Terminator Hunters (camo) there awhile back and they shoot great! Bought a bunch more night before last. They are 31" long and weigh 407 grains without a point - but group very well and really quiet the bow down. I have shot several 2" groups at 40 yards with these arrows.

BowHunterJim 07-19-2007 04:16 PM

yeah im goint to walmart to pick up 3 more so i can have 6 arrows then buy 6 muzzies for 29 bucks with 8 bucks shipping.

JNTURK 07-19-2007 05:16 PM

i think the arrows are just fine...brother and i shoot the carbon wolverine (even cheaper arrows)...shot well enough for me and you can get them regular price for about $3 an arrow...and later in the year the clearance them out and i have gotten some as low as $2 an arrow...crazy cheap

BowHunterJim 07-20-2007 02:45 PM

Yeah bought 3 more arrows today at 4.50 a arrow. They changed the cock vance color toblack from white. Yeah didn't shoot them and am getting them cut tonight.

Roskoe 07-20-2007 02:52 PM

Are the ones you got the Terminators - 31" long and marked 6075?

BowHunterJim 07-20-2007 04:13 PM

No I got the ThunderStorm form Carbon Express. They did have them there though. Not sure of the price.

Madjac20 07-20-2007 05:21 PM

ORIGINAL: JNTURK

i think the arrows are just fine...brother and i shoot the carbon wolverine (even cheaper arrows)...shot well enough for me and you can get them regular price for about $3 an arrow...and later in the year the clearance them out and i have gotten some as low as $2 an arrow...crazy cheap
I'm not a big fan of the "evil empire", but I bought up as many of the Carbon Express Terminator Lites (4560's 29" long,I believe) at the end of last season from WalMart at $3 a pop. Shoot great and don't see any problem with them.