Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Walmart Arrows

Old 02-27-2010, 10:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Rednef
JNTURK, Elk Grove eh? My daughter lives in Sac. My wife and I are in Clearlake. Are you in any club? Maya comes to mind.
No, no clubs per say. I just like to shoot and do it often. I do too much hunting (deer, hogs, bear, turkey, etc) to stay active in a archery club.

Good fishing and hunting around clearlake, you are in a good spot up there!
Old 03-17-2010, 08:07 PM
Spike

Arrows from walmart aint no dam different then the one you buy any where else except the price aint a dam thing with em its all in ya head if an arrow has a defect it has one no matter where ya buy it they all the same dam arrow no matter what store or shop is selling it
Old 03-19-2010, 07:10 AM
Fork Horn

2 years ago I wrote CX and asked them about their "WalMart" arrows. This was their response,

We do make special arrows just for Wal-Mart that other retailers do not carry but there are some arrows that normal retailers carry as well as Wal-Mart. The arrow you mentioned is not a sub-standard arrow. This arrow is not made out of the same high quality carbon that our top hunting arrows are made out of like our Maximas. However this arrow can be considered one of the best compared to other competitors arrows made with comparable costs and materials. Overall this will be a good hunting arrow and I would not hesitate to use it for hunting but it will not be as good as our top hunting arrows. If you have any other questions please let me know and thanks for choosing Carbon Express.

Thanks,

Brian Wright
Customer Service, Technical Support
Carbon Express, Eastman Outfitters, and Eastman Outdoors
Old 03-19-2010, 11:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you are purchasing a name brand arrow at Walley World, you are getting the SAME arrow sold by the pro shops. None of the top manufacturers are going to sell seconds or reject products which are clearly identified with brand and trademark name to Walley World or any another retailer. If the arrow is marked "blemished" there is no manufacturers defect to the arrow. It is normally poor graphics or a color difference that downgrade the item to "blem."

Last edited by Sniper151; 03-19-2010 at 11:09 AM.
Old 03-19-2010, 12:07 PM
Typical Buck

i shoot easton storms with 2 inch blazers... i got them for about 5$ an arrow 25 for a half dozen and they shoot just as good as my dads st epics (about 13$ an arrow)
Old 03-20-2010, 06:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by SaintHubert
2 years ago I wrote CX and asked them about their "WalMart" arrows. This was their response,

We do make special arrows just for Wal-Mart that other retailers do not carry but there are some arrows that normal retailers carry as well as Wal-Mart. The arrow you mentioned is not a sub-standard arrow. This arrow is not made out of the same high quality carbon that our top hunting arrows are made out of like our Maximas. However this arrow can be considered one of the best compared to other competitors arrows made with comparable costs and materials. Overall this will be a good hunting arrow and I would not hesitate to use it for hunting but it will not be as good as our top hunting arrows. If you have any other questions please let me know and thanks for choosing Carbon Express.

Thanks,

Brian Wright
Customer Service, Technical Support
Carbon Express, Eastman Outfitters, and Eastman Outdoors

You have to read that with a sideways eye though...

What he is saying, and what I said five months ago, is that these arrows are not 'defects' meaning that they are in anyway structurally unsafe.... but no where in that email does he say that they are the same as Maxima Hunters. Infact, he specifically says that they are not made with the same high quality carbon as the Maximas are. Therefore... like it or not... if you have two... and one is better... the other is 'inferior'.

They are not sub-standard.... but the standards aren't as high either.

Reject and inferior are not meant as derogitory terms at all... just as a basis for comparison. Folks get all worked up about stuff sometimes (this ain't directed at you either Saint... not at all.... I just liked the email you put up, thanks!).

I very much enjoyed reading an article in this months 'Whitetail Times', relating an experience the author had with Bob Foulkrod at one of his schools. Bob took a quiver full of orphaned and misfit arrows, and proceded to shoot a bunch of arrows into the 5 and X ring of an NFAA indoor five spot from 20 yards... five arrows.... all different spines... different weights... only thing they had in common was they were over the min weight and min length to function on the bow. Someone asked (seriously I might add) if he was trying hurt someone. He curtly replied that he was simply trying to prove a point.... that at a responsible hunting distance (ala inside 20 yards... which is certainly reasonable and doable for 95% of archers)... the arrow doesn't matter nearly as much as the shooter and the tune of the bow. Make that distance 30 yards and you have tripled the negitive effect of mis-spine and poor tolerance... but with the average whitetail being killed inside 20 yards with a bow.... well.... you know. Go heavy... practice... scout... shoot a sharp head... and hope you have a deer cart and a big freezer.
Old 07-18-2012, 03:30 PM
Spike

Wink Walmart Arrows Just Fine

I find it amazing how people don't know how the "Market" works. So to enlighten those who don't I will explain: 1. Walmart stores buy in huge bulk commodities. They pass the savings on to customers by keeping prices low. 2. A "Pro Shop" retailer buys what he can after he sells what he bought for "Wholesale" with price increase (Varies) at retail price to cover his cost i.e. shop utilities, employee pay, electric, water and so on. Example: Pro shop buys a dozen brand X arrows from manufacturer at let's say $26 bucks. Then his increase is so much of a percentage and you come in a buy that dozen arrows for $72 bucks. Profit of $46 bucks. Of course lesser shipping and handling and overhead cost. 3. Walmart is so big that it's overhead is paid for years in advance by interest on profits made along time ago. 4. Carbon Arrows from manufacturers are made by rolling fiber sheets of carbon thread to a specific thickness in about 6 foot lengths. Many variables happen. Temp control expands/contracts these rolls of carbon. When cut they are different straightness variables here. The average archer today will not know the difference between .0001 plus or minus to .0006 plus or minus per inch at 20 to 40 yards shooting. 5. Please stop shooting your arrows to get a "Nice Grouping" to impress your buddies. This just increases the chance of damage to your arrows and then next shot.....Boom/Explodes! Damn, forgot to check arrow for cracks! UGH! On the bright side, you get to go to the Hospital and maybe have a hot nurse take care of you! 6. I bought those bright orange dots they have in the firearms section at most sporting goods stores and place like six (6) of them on my shooting bag and shoot one arrow into each orange dot. No wearing out one spot on the bag and increases my chances of not ruining any arrows. Now 3D shooting is a little different cause everybody wants to go for the "kill Zone" and hitting other arrows is just part of the game. This is where the Walmart arrow can come into play. Great price for little $$$ and who cares if someone "Robinhoods" a $3 arrow?!?!?! When I do 3D shoots our group agrees at the start of the round that whoever has the best score shoots last at the next station. Just make sure you get the correct spine for your bow poundage and correct length and have a great time! $3 or $4 bucks at Wally-World all day long for me! I buy two dozen a year wheather I need them or not. I have yet to have a bad arrow from Walmart. It's all about choices!
Old 07-22-2012, 06:53 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by mobow
Yes, you're certainly right, you can indeed get good groups with them. One thing to keep in mind about "Wal Mart" arrows though. They are typically rejects from the manufacturer and they sell them Wally World at a considerably reduced price. I've seen those arrows bend and break when shot. Be sure to check them often.
I call BS on this ! You are saying that Carbon Express sells reject arrows ...........
Old 07-22-2012, 11:44 PM
Spike

never had a problem with the walmart arrows , here in NC they have the terminators and another in half dozen boxes cheap or you can get the even cheaper version in singles . I cut them to length and re fletch them with a bohing jig ( cause I like spin ) they will group in the 2.5-4 inch range with 100 grain thunderheads from either of my bows at 60 yards and kill deer like double forked lightning .
Now that said , I also shoot the Maxima hunter arrows , and well..... they are better ,,, there strait , there fast , and the weight foward helps them do things that a cheap arrow cant , is the difference worth the price ??? its up to you , I double lunged a nice 10 point last October in my pasture at 73 yards , the thunderhead/maxima combo slipped through like butter and stuck in a stump deep enough it was hard to remove , the terminator would have probably done the same and if not I could have shot three of them from walmart cheaper than one of the maximas from Gander mountain , I do normally shoot the maxima hunters for hunting because I have them on hand and they work so well

Last edited by dhunter4life; 07-23-2012 at 12:02 AM.
Old 07-23-2012, 08:36 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by BowHunterJim
I have 3 arrows from walmart and i can get 3 touching at 20 yards. I dont see the need to shell out 60 bucks for twelve when u can only shoot one at a time.
Just thought i would post this to show u that u dont neeed a top of the line arrows to get good groups.
P.S They also hang about 4" over my rest.
Well I read some of these posts and it appears that you all are getting off track a bit arguing over the arrows. Our friend here, Mr. BowHunterJim says, and I quote "I dont see the need to shell out 60 bucks for twelve when u can only shoot one at a time." He is absolutely right. I just checked the Walmart site and the Carbon Express arrows they sell there are $6.00 and $6.50 each. So our friend is buying his arrows for $72 - $78 a dozen. I wonder if he also buys his cartridges individually also. After all, you can only shoot them one at a time too???????????????

Quick Reply: Walmart Arrows

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.