Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Walmart Arrows

Old 01-02-2010, 06:51 PM
Spike

Well there are those who believe that a high price is what matters. Then there are those who believe that paying the least amount possible is what matters. And then there are those who believe that getting better at this is what matters. Those people are the ones who do their research, do their practice, and analyze and think about what is going on. They are the ones who will look at the $50 product and the $100 product and decide what is really needed. And if the less expensive product serves the purpose as well or even better than the more expensive one, then that is the one that will be purchased. If the high dollar unit is really what is required, then so be it.
Really all that is required is putting in the time, gaining the knowledge, skills and experience, and applying thought to what you're doing. Heck its easy. Anybody can do it.
Old 01-03-2010, 05:10 AM
Fork Horn

I just wonder about the straightness of those arrows, etc. But if they're hitting well out to 40 yards for you, I guess maybe it doesn't matter.
Old 01-07-2010, 08:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Rednef
Well there are those who believe that a high price is what matters. Then there are those who believe that paying the least amount possible is what matters. And then there are those who believe that getting better at this is what matters. Those people are the ones who do their research, do their practice, and analyze and think about what is going on. They are the ones who will look at the $50 product and the $100 product and decide what is really needed. And if the less expensive product serves the purpose as well or even better than the more expensive one, then that is the one that will be purchased. If the high dollar unit is really what is required, then so be it.
Really all that is required is putting in the time, gaining the knowledge, skills and experience, and applying thought to what you're doing. Heck its easy. Anybody can do it.
Welcome to the sight from another Cali Hunter!! and words of wisdom!, nicely said
Old 01-08-2010, 08:00 PM
Spike

JNTURK, Elk Grove eh? My daughter lives in Sac. My wife and I are in Clearlake. Are you in any club? Maya comes to mind.
Old 01-16-2010, 09:10 AM
Fork Horn

With Walmart I truely believe your getting very good quality, your just not getting Great quality. Is you good enough of 90% of the bowhunters out there....undoubtly YES!

I personaly shoot easton Axis, from ebay. Maybe they have a quality thing going on there too. I just know it works for me.
Old 02-21-2010, 01:29 AM
Spike

I baught 12 wolverine arrows from wally for 1.50 a piece. they wieght about 495 g. so i fugure with some flu flu's they will work good for small game. and the niebores cat if it get in the garbage again.
Old 02-21-2010, 07:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by mobow
Yes, you're certainly right, you can indeed get good groups with them. One thing to keep in mind about "Wal Mart" arrows though. They are typically rejects from the manufacturer and they sell them Wally World at a considerably reduced price. I've seen those arrows bend and break when shot. Be sure to check them often.
How True!!

I'm not putting several $$ into a top notch bow & accessories then shoot cheap arrows and/or broadheads. Makes absolutely No sense to me.

Yeah they may group and shoot ok for you, but I guarantee you they have their shortcomings. In Arrow shafts as in most things you get what you pay for

Dan
Old 02-21-2010, 08:02 AM
Boone & Crockett

Gets me every time, why do guys spend hundreds of dollars on bows, and peripherals and try to save a few bucks on arrows?

Like buy a BMW and looking to put on cheap tires!
Old 02-22-2010, 06:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default "They are typically rejects from the manufacturer"

Why in the world would a major retailer sell arrows that are going to blow up. They might be a step or two below the top rate line, but I don't take this as a company seeking law suits.

I don't think they're in the money losing business. And Walmart meets the needs of its market.

Last edited by Valentine; 02-22-2010 at 06:39 AM.
Old 02-22-2010, 06:46 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Valentine
Why in the world would a major retailer sell arrows that are going to blow up. They might be a step or two below the top rate line, but I don't take this as a company seeking law suits.

I don't think they're in the money losing business. And Walmart meets the needs of its market.
I don't think Wal Mart would sell an arrow that would blow up, in fact I'm sure if they had an inkling that an arrow was dangerous it would be yanked off the shelf.. Wal Mart didn't get that big by being stupid, they are fully aware of the liability laws.
I'm sure they are buying arrows that are beyond the straightness tolerance of manufactures, and then again I don't know if anyone has any proof they are buying seconds. They have enough buying power they can buy better than anyone in the country.
I've bought a few different shafts to check out which would fly better through some of my traditional bows, the good thing is you can buy only one!

Quick Reply: Walmart Arrows

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.