Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Walmart Arrows

Old 10-30-2009, 10:16 AM
Kid
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by mobow
One thing to keep in mind about "Wal Mart" arrows though. They are typically rejects from the manufacturer and they sell them Wally World at a considerably reduced price.
Did wal-mart let you in on this little secret? Hard to believe this is true with liability laws in our lawyer driven society being what they are. Wal-Mart doesn't make arrows, so it is hard to believe ANY arrow maker would allow their "rejects" to be sold by anyone, period. The better price surely comes from Wal- Mart's buying power, not a manufacturers willingness to sell rejects and risk their reputation and million dollar judgements.
Old 10-30-2009, 10:37 AM
Spike

the carbon wolverine 6075's are made by carbon express, and like kid said, no one would sell reject arrows to anyone
Old 10-31-2009, 01:04 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Kid
Did wal-mart let you in on this little secret? Hard to believe this is true with liability laws in our lawyer driven society being what they are. Wal-Mart doesn't make arrows, so it is hard to believe ANY arrow maker would allow their "rejects" to be sold by anyone, period. The better price surely comes from Wal- Mart's buying power, not a manufacturers willingness to sell rejects and risk their reputation and million dollar judgements.
i completely agree with you there as for buying my arrows i get them from my local shop where he does everything like cutting them putting feathers and whatnot on them and it does cost a lil more but most of us hunt as a recreation and not the sole source of food so if you cant afford to shoot dont but i will never buy cheap arrows from walmart
Old 10-31-2009, 04:42 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by BleedinBuck
i completely agree with you there as for buying my arrows i get them from my local shop where he does everything like cutting them putting feathers and whatnot on them and it does cost a lil more but most of us hunt as a recreation and not the sole source of food so if you cant afford to shoot dont but i will never buy cheap arrows from walmart
so what your saying is, dont shoot a bow or enjoy the sport unless you can afford to spend big money arrows.
Old 10-31-2009, 05:06 AM
Spike

i love how people think to do or enjoy or to be successful you have to have the best of everything. camo jackets and pants $100-150+ each. boots for $150+ Are you kidding me? what im saying is that it does NOT matter what you spend, cause when it comes down to it, we are all doing what we love.
Old 10-31-2009, 09:14 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by brandonxc
i love how people think to do or enjoy or to be successful you have to have the best of everything. camo jackets and pants $100-150+ each. boots for $150+ Are you kidding me? what im saying is that it does NOT matter what you spend, cause when it comes down to it, we are all doing what we love.
i do not think nor do i have the best but one area i will not buy the cheap stuff is on my bow i've got over 1300 & alot of time in my bow so i will not buy cheap arrows in my eyes kinda like buying a corvette then putting cheap gas in it.
Old 10-31-2009, 10:27 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by BleedinBuck
i do not think nor do i have the best but one area i will not buy the cheap stuff is on my bow i've got over 1300 & alot of time in my bow so i will not buy cheap arrows in my eyes kinda like buying a corvette then putting cheap gas in it.
but if the arrows are made by the same company, probably coming off the same line and getting a differnt logo on it, who's to say they are "cheap" yes they cost less, but it doesnt mean they are cheap/worthless
Old 10-31-2009, 05:34 PM
Spike

I think what he is saying is the quality is lesser, they are the price for a reason. It is like you said...and it is true, I hunted cheap walls camo for years, it is good stuff, warm, noisy, and loose fitting. I didn't hunt rainy days, and I got cold in a treestand. I now have better. I never had the money then for anything better, and no range finder and I missed deer. You have to get what you can afford. Shoot something solid with the cheap arrow, I tried one from walmart, and it broke when it hit out of my 82nd. Granted I was testing it on a post, but my Maximas won't break, niether would my Gold Tip Pro Hunters, sure I might pull the insert out, but the arrow isn't broken. If you don't do a lot of shooting, have a lower powered bow, and you can get away with it and it floats your boat, buy them. I won't, more for you.
Old 10-31-2009, 06:44 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by mobow
Yes, you're certainly right, you can indeed get good groups with them. One thing to keep in mind about "Wal Mart" arrows though. They are typically rejects from the manufacturer and they sell them Wally World at a considerably reduced price. I've seen those arrows bend and break when shot. Be sure to check them often.

This is BullCrap ! If you don't like walMart fine but ......... you are saying that Carbon Express sells rejects through WalMart ! So are the Remington rifles , shotguns junk also ? Are their tools and appliances seconds ? get real !!!
I have shot the Carbon Express Terminators for target practice and they shoot great . I hunt with a heavier arrow .
Old 10-31-2009, 07:56 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Ed McDonald
This is BullCrap ! If you don't like walMart fine but ......... you are saying that Carbon Express sells rejects through WalMart ! So are the Remington rifles , shotguns junk also ? Are their tools and appliances seconds ? get real !!!
I have shot the Carbon Express Terminators for target practice and they shoot great . I hunt with a heavier arrow .
well according to some people if walmart has them then remington must have rejected them. i also shoot a mossberg atr 100 .30-06 that came from walmart. and guess what it shoots every time, perfectly. its just stupid that people think their high dollar gear is what makes or breaks a successful hunt, when in all honesty it dont mean crap.

Quick Reply: Walmart Arrows

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.