Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Limbs ( #'s )

Old 07-11-2007, 12:12 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Limbs ( #'s )

From what I understand, all limbs come as a pair. Each limb is tested and paired with another limb that testthe same. Just because your bow says it is a 60lb bow does not mean the limbs at maxed at 60. They may test one limb to be 63 and then pair it with another limb that test a max of 63. If you want your bow to be at 60lbs, the only way to be sure is totestit on a scale. Just because your bolts are bottomed out doesn't mean the bow is at sixty. It can be more or less. If it is less, then your string and cables are the correct length. They need to be replace or twisted more.

I am no expert, but I read and listen to everything I can on archery and tuning. If I made a mistake, I am sure someone will correct me.
Old 07-11-2007, 07:02 PM
Typical Buck

Yes,when your limb bolts are tightened all the way down your at your max draw weight,which may be 2 to 3lbs over the stated draw weight on your bow.IE your 60 lb bow with the limb bolts tightenedall the way mayactually max out at 63lbs.Forget the cable and string twisting this will only cause you more headache, by altering your draw lenght,brace height ect.I hope that answers your question.
Old 07-11-2007, 07:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

When they bolts are the are tight you are at max. You can be above or below the 60# rating that is listed for that bow. Typically, the bow is over. My bow is rated at 70# but when bottomed out is at 75#.

If you are below then you can add twists to the string to get the bow to 60#'s without necessarily changing any of the other characteristics if the string/cables have stretched a little due to shooting. You can check your ATA and it will tell you if you need to add twists.
Old 07-12-2007, 07:00 PM
Fork Horn

Call the factory that made your stick slinger and ask for higher buttons or find out what the deflexion is on your limbs and order a stronger set.

If you go twisting the cables and strings make sure your proshop does it right and doesnt go more than 2 or 3 twists. Thats when a bow can detonate on you and give you stitches, I know from experience.
Old 07-13-2007, 11:16 AM
Fork Horn

i dont want higher limbs, i got 50 - 60 because thats what i want, not to go higher than 60 or buy higher # limbs, some of these answers arent answering my question really, but i got my question answered by some(dave), thank you
Old 07-13-2007, 12:11 PM

ORIGINAL: bigzombee69

Call the factory that made your stick slinger and ask for higher buttons or find out what the deflexion is on your limbs and order a stronger set.

If you go twisting the cables and strings make sure your proshop does it right and doesnt go more than 2 or 3 twists. Thats when a bow can detonate on you and give you stitches, I know from experience.
I think adding taller buttons would void your warranty.The bow came with the ones that are there for a reason.
Old 07-14-2007, 06:48 PM
Fork Horn

I ordered mine from the factory and it didnt void the warrenty.