Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 No room for 40yd pin >

No room for 40yd pin

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

No room for 40yd pin

Old 07-07-2007, 12:39 PM
Fork Horn

Default No room for 40yd pin

How do I fix the problem? I'd really like to practice out to 40 yards but the sight has no room for the pin. I have 20 and 30 now. The bow had new string on it and sat for two years due to work related issues. Now I dialed it in and had to take out the 40 yd pin just so the 30 yd pin would fit. Is this related to the rest height? I had clearance problems and fooled with the arrow rest today. Also fooled with spring tension on rest.

The bow shoots 2 1/2" bullseye at 20 and 30yds now.

Thanks in advance. I was ready to just buy a new bow but will give it one more chance. Thanks in advance!
Old 07-07-2007, 12:43 PM

Default RE: No room for 40yd pin

I'm not sure I follow......Are you saying your 30 yard pin is all the way at the bottom of the pin housing, and you don't have room for a 40? I would still suspect a tuning/anchor issue.....Somehow we've got to get your pins up....
Old 07-07-2007, 01:44 PM
Fork Horn

Yes all the way at the bottom with no adjustment left in the sight or mounting bracket.
Old 07-07-2007, 02:28 PM

What kind of Bow?

What kind of Sight?

How many FPS are you shooting?

Some more details would be nice. Thanks!
Old 07-07-2007, 04:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am guessing you are shooting a release directly off the string which clips on below the nock. Am I right?
Old 07-07-2007, 08:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

Rick's thinking along the same lines I am... Also, can you move your 20-yard pin higher to make more room under it?
Old 07-08-2007, 10:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

If your using a peep sight you may have the peep way to high. It may have slipped from its original place. If that is the case you just need to lower it. You might want to first see where your nock is set. If it slipped upward, which can easily happen, it would cause your arrow to shoot on a downward angle.
Old 07-08-2007, 11:14 AM
Fork Horn

Shooting Martin Jaguar 55-70# set at 55-60, sight says spike on it, Tiger Tuff rest, 2216 Lite XX78 Super Slam, 29" draw and yes I'm shooting release uder the knock. As far as fps I have no idea but if I had to guess I'd say low 200's.

If I move the 20yard pin higher it would become a 10yd pin? I had this problem before I thought. I did have the bow restrung and bought the above arrows that are different than the oringinal ones. They were XX75 2216 Lite. I think its time for a new pro shop!

Yes it has a peep sight held in the center of three strings.

Thanks to reading this forum I got the bow shooting much better. Before I had zero confidence in the bow and that is exactly way I did'nt hunt the last two seasons.
Old 07-08-2007, 11:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

Is this your sight? This is a Vital Bow Gear Spike sight.If so,you should be able to take the screws out of the side where the sight is monted to the mount bracket and be able to move the whole housing down and readjust your pins and be able to get the 40 yard pin set.

If this is not your sight,yours is probably similar and can still be adjusted up or down.
Old 07-09-2007, 08:15 PM
Typical Buck

If your using a peep sight you may have the peep way to high. It may have slipped from its original place. If that is the case you just need to lower it. You might want to first see where your nock is set. If it slipped upward, which can easily happen, it would cause your arrow to shoot on a downward angle.
Moving the peep site down would make him shoot even lower. Sounds to me like he anchors really high on his face. He needs to be anchoring with his index finger under his jaw bone. This will make it so that he has to adjust his pins up and then he will be able to get his 40 yard pin on easily. Before I started using a d loop , I always shot with my release attached under the arrow and I had no problem getting a pin out to 60 yards with room to spare under it.

Quick Reply: No room for 40yd pin

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.