Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 No room for 40yd pin >

No room for 40yd pin

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

No room for 40yd pin

Old 07-10-2007, 04:35 AM

Default RE: No room for 40yd pin

Sounds to me like he anchors really high on his face. He needs to be anchoring with his index finger under his jaw bone.
No doubt that lowering the anchor point would solve the problem, but I also doubt you have to go that low. It depends on the face structure of each person as to what will work. Where ever you end up, it has to be a solid anchor that is easily repeatable.
Old 07-10-2007, 07:27 AM
Fork Horn

Sorry had problems logging on last night. Tfox my site is bottomed out. It was setup that way when I bought the bow.

Do you guys think my form changed from taking two seasons off? I'll record my actions and see exactly where I'm achoring. I believe I achor with my index fingers first nuckle the bottom of my ear lobe.

Thanks for tring to help.
Old 07-10-2007, 08:31 AM

I've had the problem before and it was my peep sight was to low on the string. I just raised my rest this past weekend and it totally raised my sight up. Keep in mind your nock point will need to be raised too. But I bet that changes your sight so you can make room for your 40 yard pin.
Old 07-10-2007, 02:43 PM
Fork Horn

So I went to the place I bought the bow about 5 years ago. The guy checks my draw weight and states the string might have stretched. It was 55lbs and he took it up to 61lbs. I got home shot it and hardly any difference at all.

So it sounds like the peep or my knock and a new shop! He also said "I would never shoot 40yds with alumium arrows". Why not? I had carbon and went back to alumium. Heading down to another shop shortly.
Old 07-10-2007, 03:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

He also said "I would never shoot 40yds with alumium arrows".
Sounds like a completely ignorant doofus to whom I wouldn't take a darn thing of mine to get worked on, nor buy anything from.
Old 07-10-2007, 03:28 PM
Fork Horn

Just got back from another shop. Closed at 5pm. Wtf. Looks like I'm going to make a 1+hr trip to the best shop in the state. They cater to the working man. M-F opens 12noon til 9pm! If I walk away disgusted from this place my bowhuning days a numbered!
Old 07-10-2007, 05:19 PM
Typical Buck

If your index finger is at the bottom of your ear lobe then you are anchoring high on your face. Anchor your index finger on your jaw bone and you will have all the room you need for longer distance pins plus you will have a lot solider and more repeatable anchor point than what you are now using.
Old 07-11-2007, 06:35 AM
Fork Horn

I tried achoring under the jaw bone just to see what happens. The bow was aimed at the sky! My bow string comes right to the corner of my mouth.

If I kew how do do the work I'd just do it myself.
Old 07-11-2007, 07:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

When you lower your anchor point you need to raise your peep and your sight. When the guy put twists in your string to raise the draw weight he could have lowered the peep even more.

Raise the peep and the sight with the lower anchor point.
Old 07-11-2007, 08:41 PM
Fork Horn

I'd take it to a different shop. Have the guy look at your shooting form and anchor and all and make sure the peep is correctly aligned. I guess make sure the nock is at the right place and the rest is correctly adjusted. Even make sure the bow is in completely in tune and the cam(s?) are timed (and synchronized) if you want.

Quick Reply: No room for 40yd pin

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.