Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 still haveing problems with my WB >

still haveing problems with my WB

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

still haveing problems with my WB

Old 07-03-2007, 12:08 PM
Fork Horn

Default still haveing problems with my WB

well i got my new bow and took the NAP quicktune off in favor of a WB....but it is relentlesly ripping the fletching off all my arrows.....is this a tuning problem or what?
Old 07-03-2007, 12:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: still haveing problems with my WB

For customers that have used a WB I have always fletched their arrows with Blazers. It seems to be a good combination. For an alternative full containment rest take a look at the Hostage rest by Bowtech/Diamond it provides complete capture while not having to deal withthe constant fletching contact.
Old 07-03-2007, 01:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

Gary - your easiest solution will either be Blazer vanes or Feathers.

Your old bow was a lot slower, so it probably wasn't nearly as tough on regular 4" plastic vanes. Now that you've gained a lot more speed, it's going to be a little tougher on vanes than your old bow.

The blazers are thicker plastic, and won't rip as easily. Feathers lay flat as they pass through the biscuit. Either way, you shouldn't have much difficulty once you upgrade fletchings.

Next time you get it to a shop, have them check your paper tune - see if you're getting a good, straight flight. Worst case, if it's not lined up perfect, you'll have to move your rest up, down, left or right. You can usually get it really close, just by eyeballing it, but most bows will need a little fine-tuning afterward.

I'd say your problem with the torn vanes is just that they aren't the best choice for a whisker biscuit. They're soft, and tear pretty easily. You'll notice an improvement in performance after the vane/feather upgrade.
Old 07-03-2007, 02:40 PM
Fork Horn

I agree with quiksilver in that you should check your papertune next time you go to your shop. You could also try the put a small drop of glue at the leading edge of your vanes to prevent the WB from having an edge to catch on.

good luck
jeremy
Old 07-03-2007, 03:34 PM
Fork Horn

i might not have the WB lined up poperly cause i used my calibrated eyeball to get the arow as straight and level as i could while its in the rest, prolly not perfect but i can still get a 5 arrow group to touch at 25 yards......and its not so much the vanes themselves tearing they are getting torn off the arrow where they are glued....i keep re gluing them with crazy glue (prolly not the right stuff) but they get torn off after about 5 shots....
Old 07-03-2007, 03:57 PM

Blazers and lots and lots of glue on the leading tip of the vane.
Old 07-03-2007, 10:16 PM
Spike

As long as the shaft is properly cleaned for the fletching, the correct glue, and just a small drop at the front edge, you should have no problem. I keep track of the practice shots and with over 2000 now with both the Guardian and Commander bows, both with WB rests, I have not had to
replace a Blazer vane yet! Both Bisquits are getting a little ragged though.
Old 07-04-2007, 09:37 PM
Fork Horn

With the WB, you have to have the centershot set up perfect. If it's off just a little, it will wrinkle the fletchings, if it's off a lot it will rip them off. The glue on the ends of the fletchings does help. I have shot the WB for the last 3 years without any complaints using standard 4 inch vanes, straight fletched. Hope this helps !
Old 07-05-2007, 06:30 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Bowfever

With the WB, you have to have the centershot set up perfect. If it's off just a little, it will wrinkle the fletchings, if it's off a lot it will rip them off. The glue on the ends of the fletchings does help. I have shot the WB for the last 3 years without any complaints using standard 4 inch vanes, straight fletched. Hope this helps !
I totally agree. I also believe that centershot is important with any type of rest.
Old 07-05-2007, 01:53 PM
Typical Buck

smaller, shorter and thicker vanes' the ticket.....
I had my 4" vanes wrinkle and then torn by the WB....I shot an old PSE bow wich was very slow compared to the Tomkat I have now.

F.

Quick Reply: still haveing problems with my WB

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.