Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Limb Driver or Not >

Limb Driver or Not

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Limb Driver or Not

Old 07-02-2007, 07:16 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Limb Driver or Not

You won't be disappointed
Old 07-02-2007, 07:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

I can't speak on the limb driver but I just got a guardian and can say to stay away from the limb saver drop away and would recomend the drop zone if the limb driver didn't work out. The drop zone has been great on the guardian. Here is a link to a grouping a shot with the drop zone. I didn't even have 25 arrows through the bow at this point it was that easy to tune.

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=2184735&mpage=1&key=&#218474 7

Old 07-02-2007, 08:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

I watched a guy on the 3-d course drop points because the rest screwed up 2x on him. The therory is great, and it may be a great rest, but seeing that make me wonder. It was set up correctly and he has done very well with it, but he has taken it off because of this issue.
Old 07-04-2007, 06:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

That is the first I have read of it messing up.
I was considering one until that,.
Can you elaborate on how the "screw ups" occurred?
Old 07-05-2007, 03:23 PM

They only screw up I can see happening is the cord that attaches to the limb, sliding in the set screw. If you loop the cord back up and serve it, it won't move and you don't need the set screw which really buggers up the cord.
Old 07-05-2007, 03:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: MO_Bowhnter

They only screw up I can see happening is the cord that attaches to the limb, sliding in the set screw. If you loop the cord back up and serve it, it won't move and you don't need the set screw which really buggers up the cord.
I agree!! This was my fix for that. If it shows up on the pic.

Old 07-07-2007, 05:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: DaveC

That is the first I have read of it messing up.
I was considering one until that,.
Can you elaborate on how the "screw ups" occurred?
For no apparent reason the rest failed to come up. The rest was set up properly. The problem cured itself and he returned to normal shooting without any more issues. I saw it happen the second time and everything looked normal, but the rest did not come up again. I think that it has its place in the target world posibly, but for me, I know that cable would be hanging up on anything and everything in the woods.
Old 07-07-2007, 05:54 PM

Yea, MeanV that's how I have mine setup.

Elkcrazy,I don't see how the cord can catch on any more branches than your cable or string will.
Old 07-07-2007, 06:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: MO_Bowhnter I don't see how the cord can catch on any more branches than your cable or string will.
Neither do I!
Old 07-07-2007, 06:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

MO, I hunt alot of heavy caparel and willow patches and usually don't have theluxury of trimmed shooting lanes or open hardwoods. I would be worried that the cable that operates the rest could be impeded by something around me as I could be shooting in pretty tight quarters. I can also see it getting hung up on something pulling it out of whack as I am hiking.

Please dont take me wrong here as I do agree with the concept behind the rest. I just don't see it having a good solid place in my arsenal. I look for the most simple gear when I look for something. If anything were to go wrong on most of my hunts it would take me 2 days to be back in the hunt, and that is just travel time....

I have seen some pretty crazy stuff end a good hunt, and its usually not the big stuff, its something small.

It took me several years justtofind a quiver that would hold up to a constant beating in the mountains. I have used the same gear for several elk seasons now and can pretty much spot items that will work for me.

Another issue that I see deals with the mounting bar. I have taken some good hits crossing rock slides, and yes my bow got pounded. I would be worried that the bar would move causing the timing to change on me if I didn't already pull it out of whack bycrossing the brush patches. IMO it isj ust one more added item that could go wrong.