HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Technical (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical-20/)
-   -   another quick question>drop away rest cord (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical/195576-another-quick-question-drop-away-rest-cord.html)

badger109 06-25-2007 08:49 PM

another quick question>drop away rest cord

I think the slack in the cord may sometimes hit the arrow when I shoot.
On my bow (Cheapo Reflex) the cables are fairly far away from the riser, and the cables move pretty far. Thus there is lots of slack.

My only solution to the problem is to use a rubber band which works great but I don't want to rely on it. Any other ideas, besides a different rest?

Thanks

MDBUCKHUNTER 06-25-2007 09:16 PM

RE: another quick question>drop away rest cord

More info please.

davepjr71 06-25-2007 09:16 PM

What type of rest do you have?

badger109 06-26-2007 12:50 PM

Sorry.

Rest is a Golden Key Futura TKO
Bow: Reflex Excursion

Well the cable moves down about 2.5" and the rest only needs 1/2" to lift up. So there is 2" of slack in the rest cord that doesn't always stay out of the way.

It doesn't seem to make too much of a difference on the arrow, and I wonder if the arrow is gone before the cord gets in the way.

I guess if I really need to, I could get pics.

davepjr71 06-26-2007 12:59 PM

If you do not have the cable served into the stringI recommend that you do so.

Also, move thestring as far towards the intersection point of the 2 cables and make sure that the end to the rest is facing away.

Redneck Bowhunter 06-26-2007 01:47 PM

How do you serve the cord INTO the cable. Do you just serve around the two so they are sandwiched together, or do you actually put the cord through the cable. I have a drop-way and am currently using the clamp that came with it. Is this enough or is it better to use the serving method?

davepjr71 06-26-2007 02:04 PM

Lot's of guys use the clamp without any problems.

I spread the cable, insert the string through the cable, slide it up as far as I can,serve above the string, then draw the bow and serve around and below. Cut the string and melt the end.

badger109 06-26-2007 02:30 PM

Thanks dave.

davepjr71

If you do not have the cable served into the stringI recommend that you do so.
I will. Mine was tied on.

Also, move thestring as far towards the intersection point of the 2 cables
It is

and make sure that the end to the rest is facing away.
It is... I think

I shot it all last year and it didn't seem to do anything, but I'd really like to get it out of the way, especially since I'm considering FOBs.

What kind of string should I use? If I use something smaller or limper it might hang out of the way.

Edit: And pictures for the hell of it:

And last year's bowkill

badger109 06-26-2007 04:37 PM

BUMP/POST

ORIGINAL: davepjr71

Lot's of guys use the clamp without any problems.

I spread the cable, insert the string through the cable, slide it up as far as I can,serve above the string, then draw the bow and serve around and below. Cut the string and melt the end.

Why do you draw? Do you serve it while drawn?

Anyway, what if I put some weight on the string to pull it down? Or somehow attach it to the back thing on the riser, like with a rubber band or through a tube? Wait, forget thr rubber band.

davepjr71 06-26-2007 05:28 PM

RE: BUMP/POST

Now I can see what you are talking about. When you draw the rest comes the whole way back and the string will be only the length it needs to be to get your rest the whole way up. The QAD stops when it hits the right spot.

Does the rest you have do that? Or, can you keep raising the forks? If you would serve it in so that the string is either facing to the right or right and back the loop will rest off to the right instead of the left.

Here is a picture of how mine is tied in.

I draw the bow back and then let down and thestring will stay in place due to the pressure from the cable. Then I serve below.