Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 WHAMMY REST & TRIBUTE COMPATIBLE??? >

WHAMMY REST & TRIBUTE COMPATIBLE???

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

WHAMMY REST & TRIBUTE COMPATIBLE???

Old 06-16-2007, 07:54 AM

Default WHAMMY REST & TRIBUTE COMPATIBLE???

I was thinking about a Whammy for a Tribute I got last week and descided to try it.
So far it's not going well. Ihave identified a couple of issues that my be the problem.
First , I'm not sure it's timed correctly. If you follow the on line video the rest will not cock/uncock while working the cord up the UP cable. The cable travel is very little on the Tribute. I have about half ot the little hole showing at rest and the cord tied in about 4 1/2 in. down the cable.
Second, I believe that the cables are too far away from the cable rod and possibly causing contact w/ the 2'' offset Blazer vanes. To index the nock so that the down vane clears the prongs puts the vane in contact w/ the cable.
I'm afraid to change the cable slide because of the binary cam lean issue on the Bowtechs.This is a new (used 2006) to me and I'm not familiar with it yet.I don't want to add to the lean.Maybe I should not be concerned???
Anyone w/ a Whammy on a parallell limb bow that has any advise would be MORE than welcome.

Old 06-17-2007, 08:30 AM

Default RE: WHAMMY REST & TRIBUTE COMPATIBLE???

I guess I stepped on new ground here.

O.K. Does anyone have a Whammy? I asked the question a few months ago and I think only 1 or 2 guys did.
Old 06-17-2007, 05:35 PM

My cousin has a tribute with a whammy. It tuned and shoots great. He had it set up at the bowtech factory in oregon
Old 06-18-2007, 05:28 AM

ORIGINAL: beav

My cousin has a tribute with a whammy. It tuned and shoots great. He had it set up at the bowtech factory in oregon
I may have to go there. How much are plane tickets?
Old 06-18-2007, 06:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have a whammy on a couple bows , an alpine , and a darton , the alpine has parralel limbs , I dont shoot vanes , but during setup tred blazers and had good clearance , I shoot cack feather down with no contact , from your post it apears you cant do that because of the cables , I try another slide , they are cheap , if it does not work you arnt out much
Old 06-18-2007, 10:04 PM

I made a couple of modifications to the Whammy today on the advise of a friend. He had the same problems.
I changed the prongs to an old set from a Platinum Premier I had in the drawer. This is an attempt to gain more vane clearence.
I went to a shop up the road fromhere and they didn't carryANY slides. GO FIGURE THAT.
I have to drive a 1/2 an hour to get to a shop tomorrow I know will carry slides.
I am a little afraid that another slide will cause too much cam lean???
Just a guess on my part, I'm not sure if it would but I will get one tomorrow.
Old 06-23-2007, 09:07 AM

It turns out I was underspined because the binary cams seem to need a stiffer shaft. I cut up some CX terminator Lite Select 6075 shafts last night and I'll be setting up the Whammy again today.
I'll report my findings.
The initial set up w/ beman black max 400's revealedfletching contact w/ the Whammy that I could not tune out.
I had the Tribute sat @ 67lbs. w/ a 28" draw. The Eastoncharts show this as being o.k., but the On target software showed them to be very weak.
Old 06-24-2007, 07:53 PM

Initially I wondered if the Tribute may not be compatible w/ the Whammy for a number of reasons. My initial problems were caused by a weak spine for the Tribute and not the Whammy. Constant contact w/ the rest /fletching could not be fixed no matter how I indexed the nocks and timed the rest.

After the spine issue was corrected, the Whammy preformed flawlessly.
I'll post a review in the Gear review section.