Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Arrow Falls Off when I draw Back >

Arrow Falls Off when I draw Back

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Arrow Falls Off when I draw Back

Old 06-16-2007, 11:45 AM

Default RE: Arrow Falls Off when I draw Back

You need a new dealer. The guys on this site are all giving you the straight scoop. Get a string loop before you have an AD and break a limb.
Old 06-18-2007, 05:18 PM

Thanks everyone sound like a loop is the way to go.
Old 06-19-2007, 04:58 PM

Check the serving.

I had the same problem and found that the last guy that served my bow used Halo. Halo is incredibly slippery and thin.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 06-21-2007, 09:17 PM

Len

please back me up if you can, but i've seen similar problem at my shop and the problem was string and cable in backwards through the roller guard.... check that!!!
Old 06-21-2007, 09:49 PM

Funny, but I've seen the problem of reversing the cable and string in the roller slide only once, and it was done by one of our local Mathews' Dealers. You'd think they would know better.

I really can't see this causing the problem that is being discussed. It did, however, cause many other unrelated problems.
Old 06-23-2007, 04:38 PM

Went down and got the loop on today they changed the serving to.As far as the cable and string in backwards through roller guard I have no idea what why they are suppost to go through.So now that the loop is on Ihope not to have this problem any more.Now with that loop do you need a nock on the string?
Old 06-23-2007, 05:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

You don't 'need' a nockset with a loop but I always put one between the arrow nock and the bottom knot. I don't know about others, but without that knockset, the loop is pulled upwards to that my release is above the arrow when I anchor.

The nockset between the arrow and the bottom knot keeps the loop from pulling that far upwards, and that brings my release down so that it's directly behind the arrow when I release. Don't know if it makes any difference, I just prefer it that way.
Old 06-23-2007, 05:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Arthur P

You don't 'need' a nockset with a loop but I always put one between the arrow nock and the bottom knot. I don't know about others, but without that knockset, the loop is pulled upwards to that my release is above the arrow when I anchor.

The nockset between the arrow and the bottom knot keeps the loop from pulling that far upwards, and that brings my release down so that it's directly behind the arrow when I release. Don't know if it makes any difference, I just prefer it that way.

I just usually have a knot tied with the serving material just above the bottom knot in the loop.