Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Man I'm bummed

Old 06-15-2007, 05:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Man I'm bummed

My daughter came to me about three weeks ago and asked if I would buy her a new bow seeing she is done with getting her BA in Aug.and she will have time tohunt with dad this year again.Of course I said yes, so she went down to the local sport shop and ordered a new Hoyt Salina. Well it came in Tuesday and she had Ripcord fall away put on it. Well wed night we all got togather and shot and after about20 arrows I noticed her string was fraing and actully cut a few strands of it so I had her stop shooting. It looks like her string is slapping and actully hooking where they served in the cord for the ripcord. Anybody else ever see this?? Now we have to bring it back and get a new string put on it, hopefully they do it for free.. Walt
Old 06-15-2007, 05:49 AM

Default RE: Man I'm bummed

No, I've never seen that. Is it tied into her downward pulling buss cable? If so, I'm not sure how the string could go that far forward after the shot........Just a thought, but is it possible it's hitting her armgaurd?
Old 06-15-2007, 06:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nope it's not hitting her arm, it is diffently hitting right where they served in the cord. I'm like you I have seen alot of stuff in my days but never this. Walt

Old 06-15-2007, 06:50 AM

If I'm thinking correctly, that string has to be going quite a bit past brace for it to be hitting that. I know the string goes beyond brace a LITTLE bit, but we're talking about inches here, right? Or am I all messed up w/ that??

If that's the case, I wonder if there isn't something else going on w/ the bow as well.........
Old 06-15-2007, 08:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yeh everything seem well, she was shooting awesome till I noticed a vibration I was hearing, and when I looked at the bow there was a spot wearing and some actual cut threads on the string. Well I guess its back to the dealer and see what they have to say.. Walt
Old 06-15-2007, 10:42 AM
Boone & Crockett

They should stand behind that... If not post who they are on the net.
Old 06-15-2007, 04:54 PM

They better hook your daughter up with a new string free of charge!
Old 06-15-2007, 06:50 PM
Typical Buck

You should take some photos for us to see what is going on. After looking at my Hoyt catalog and seeing that it’s got a 7” brace, I’m really interested in this.
Old 06-16-2007, 06:03 AM

yooper, check out some slo-mo video. to tell you the truth i'm not sure how a bow ends up back to normal after being fired. the string ends up all over the place. its probably hitting that part of the cable w/ serving on it 5 or6 times a shot.
Old 06-21-2007, 04:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well guys my daughter made it to the bow shop and this is what they had to say. First they were very appolagetic and it seemed it wan't even there fault. They think because she has a 28 inch draw and a bow set at 42 pounds that the string is slapping around more than the normal bow would. They are going to order and put on a new string for her, and they installed a sims rubber thing that slides over the cable slide and stops the cables from slaming forward to much and it seemed to do the trick as we shot last night and the problemseemed to be fixed. I thought that was more than fare on there part and she was smoking with her new bow and just needs to wait for the new string to come now.. Walt

Quick Reply: Man I'm bummed

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.