Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Sight Questions

Old 06-12-2007, 04:12 PM
mez
Nontypical Buck

Default Sight Questions

Guys I'm looking at replacing my sight and have a few questions maybe some of you can answer. First off, I'm replacing a Spott Hogg and don't want another. I've narrowed it to the G5, Copper John and Montana Black Gold Skylight.

I've not had a sight that has the wrapped fiber optics and don't have a shop here where I can get my hands on them. I have a really hard time seeing the red fiber optics for some reason. The rest show up ok for me. How do you replace or move the fibers on the wrapped sights? I never see the long fibers for sale, where do you get the stuff? I generally replace the red with green and yellow.
I also like to have .030 pins for 20 and 30 yards and .020 pins for the longer distances. I assume you need to get smaller diameter fibers for the smaller pins so where would I get those?
Last question, are any of these sights gang adjust only? My pins at longer distances need to be a little left of the shorter pins so have to be able to adjust horizontal separate on each pin.
Old 06-12-2007, 05:21 PM

Default RE: Sight Questions

I shoot a Impact Archery Collector NI-150 sight. It has the wrapped fiber optics. It also has steel pins that fully protect the fiber from the point where it leaves the spoon to the point where we view the pin. Worth every penny. Some of the other sights are plastic and/or don't fully protect the fiber. BEWARE.

Red = The first to go and the last to show.

I moved my red fiber down to the bottom. It was very easy. FIber optic is very easy to coil.

For my sight, you can purchase the replacement fibers at quite a few online shops and you can also email the manufacturer. Impact Archery is great to work with. They sent me a new fiber and pin free of charge recently.
Old 06-12-2007, 05:23 PM

Here is a picture of what the fiber looks like before it goes on the sight.

Old 06-13-2007, 05:11 PM

Have you looked at Viper sights yet? I have the Viper 2000c (.10 pins)and the Pro2000 microtune (.19 pins)and both sights are gang adjustable along with single pin adjustment (single pin is adjustable for elevation only) which brings me to this question, why does yourlonger distancepins need to be out farther out than you close in pins? It sounds like you bow isn't shooting true center.

Viper has been very good at putting in whatever pins I wanted, I had them put .10 pins on one sight, and ordered my other sight with all green .19 pins with no problem.

Good luck with what ever sight you get, I would definetley look into your center shot.

Dean
Old 06-13-2007, 05:28 PM

www.fitzfiber.com
Old 06-14-2007, 05:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

I use this one by GWS

Old 06-14-2007, 10:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

This place has the same fibers that Fritz has and are cheaper

http://www.fiberopticproducts.com/Archery.htm
Old 06-14-2007, 02:55 PM
mez
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the reply's guys.

Good luck with what ever sight you get, I would definetley look into your center shot.
I'm guessing it is a form issue. It must be consistent however as my groups don't suffer. Shoot broadheads and fp's the same out to 50 so I don't mess with it.