Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

07 Allegiance

Old 06-09-2007, 08:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 07 Allegiance

Too bad about the Ally. However, I'm glad they found the problem before something disastrous happened. Bowtech has excellent customer service. So, they should have you up and running in no time.
Old 06-10-2007, 09:20 PM

ORIGINAL: cjsportsman

...he started looking over the bow again and found this: upper limb delambinating 2" from the limb pocket(the inside of the limb facing me when I draw). We counted 12 cracks about 2.5-3" long running parallel with the limb. That explains the sound and that explains the 3 tuning dots on the top cam and 4 on the bottom...
This is what's keeping me from purchasing one of the fast bows on the market right now. It seems to me that the bow manufacturers are trying to achieve arrow speeds without the technology to support it. I've been into bowhunting for about 15 years now. I've always shot cheaper bows....from PSE, Golden Eagle, Bear, and Hoyt. I still own all of them, and none of them have ever had a limb failure. Or any failure for that matter. These are all bows with an IBO rating of 300 or less fps. I've seen and heard of too many failures with these new bows, not just BowTech. I'm glad that they have good customer service, and I hope you get your bow back soon. But all the customer service in the world won't make me feel any better when I draw back on a nice buck and a limb failure occurs 15 feet up in a tree stand.

Kind Regards,
Axel
Old 06-11-2007, 05:46 AM

Yea, I know what you are saying but it can happen to any bow even the cheaper models. I had a Mathews Q2XL and the bottom limb delambinated on the outside of the limb and I didn't consider that a speed bow.
Old 06-11-2007, 06:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

It definitely can.I saw a buddy's PSE snap a limb off when he drew back one time in the 90's.