Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

confusing

Old 05-29-2007, 03:16 PM

Default RE: confusing

The PSE arrows are pretty good arrows. They select out the grades for straightness, but all of the Carbon Force arrows are of equal quality otherwise. They are all made overseas, Korea I think.

PSE is phasing out the "Carbon Force" arrows and replacing them with "Radial X" arrows.

I think that you simply got a great deal on pretty good arrows on close out. If you had purchased those arrows a few years ago, you would have paid a lot more for them.
Old 05-29-2007, 03:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

The cheapest PSE's Radial X-weave Stealth shafts with.006+/-straightness now cost as much as the Gold Tip XT Hunters that are .003+/-.

Sometimes you luck out and find a deal on something.

That's what had to have happened.

Someone finds arrows for that price and it's usually a close-out orthe arrowswere already cut to a length for a wrong order and the place is trying to get rid of them instead of throwing them out.
Old 05-29-2007, 03:32 PM

In a word "consistency". More expensive carbon arrows have better quality control and are more consistent from arrow to arrow. If you take a cheap set of arrows and compare them in weight, straightness and spine with a more expensive arrow you will find the more expensive arrows probably have closer tolerances and you will have more good arrows out of the dozen.

If you don't shoot well enough to tell the difference then I guess it really doesn't matter. But don't expect to get any better with crappy equipment either. Especially when you are talking fixed broad heads.

My suggestion if you want bargain arrows is always to get aluminums. You still can't beat the quality control and tolerances for the money. I can't always see spending a lot of money on high grade aluminums when the cheaper ones are usually pretty close. However with carbons there is a difference for sure.

And don't believe that "they are straight or broke" crap either. It is not uncommon at all to have warped arrows right out of the box with some carbons.

They keep getting better every year though.

Paul
Old 05-29-2007, 03:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

I found out what Paul is talking about first hand. I ordered arrows online.

I have 2 I'm trying to get replaced right now. Just the nock end is bent at the tip and I'm considering cuttingthe endsoff. I can go an inch shorter if I want to on my shafts anyway.

This weekend my spinner is going with me incase I decide to buy some more arrows.
Old 05-30-2007, 09:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks Paul at last an explanation and not a put down. I have been bowhunting for 26 years and am very new to carbon arrows. I bought a new bow last year (Mathews) and the dealer told me I needed carbon arrows with my set up. These were cheap and after all the money I just spent I needed cheap. they worked fine, but no one took the time to explane the defference in them to me. I was just looking for some info I never exspected the amount of sinnersim I received here. I have found this site to be very helpful at times but I have also found that sometimes its hard to tell who is right and who is blowing smoke. There are way too many who are just learning a thing here and there and think they are now seasoned pros and experts. I'm sorry to hurt some feelings but you know if you think about it I am right and as you can see by my post count and date of joining this site I'm not new here and definetly have been here long enough to have an educated opinon.
So what I'm trying to say is don't always be so quick to jump all over someone when they ask a question,because sometimes they really don't know. And if your are not 100% sure and experenced the question don't try to be an expert. Let the folks who really know answear. Thanks!
Old 05-30-2007, 09:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Mike,

Your comments do not bother me at all.However, I really think you need to read what your wrote in both of your previous responses before making the statements you make about people's knowledge on a subject and letting the experts respond.

You made it sound like you were using cheap no name arrows and they work great. However, you bought good arrows for a cheap price. So, you are going to get cynical responses. Although, I've read through all of them and do not see any of them that way. People asked you were you got them and who the manufacturer was.

Why make the followingstatements if you yourself are not a seasoned veteran in the carbon arrow market? Here's what you wrote:

"And you guys still haven't told me anything yet for a reason I should spend more money. I used these arrows last year for hunting and did just fine with them.

I'm not kidding I really don't know why I should spend any extra money for a name and truth be known I only paid $29.99 for the dozen. I have had no problems with these arrows I shoot almost every day and my hand have no holes in them yet. So come on there has to be a real valid reason!"

Any response like that makes people think you've been using cheap carbon arrows for years.

You do not have to be a veteran on this forum to be a veteran when it comes to archery. I'm new to the carbon arrow market myself and admitted that a while back in other threads. However, I've talked to enough people in person, and on here, asked enough questions,and read enough threadsto figure out what's going on with carbon arrows. Am i an expert per say, hell no. ButI know enough to make a educational decision on what to buy.

Old 05-30-2007, 03:12 PM

And you don't NEED carbon arrows, ever. Whoever told you that is full of crap. They probably just didn't want to sell you aluminum arrows is all.

I started with carbons and switched to aluminums. The only disadvantage is you can bend them and they tend to weigh more. But now some carbons are just as heavy as aluminums because guys want the weight for hunting.

Go to a shop with a decent arrow spinner and grab 2 dozen carbons that cost around $50 per dozen and put them on that spinner, then weigh them. Now get two dozen aluminums at a similar price and check those. You can even use the Jazz youth arrows if you want. You will crap your pants when you see the difference in quality control for the same price.

Once you step up to the 80-100 dollar range though things get much better. Which is why they cost more.

Whoever told you that you have to use carbons is a fool in my opinion.

Paul
Old 05-30-2007, 03:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: davepjr71

The cheapest PSE's Radial X-weave Stealth shafts with.006+/-straightness now cost as much as the Gold Tip XT Hunters that are .003+/-.

Sometimes you luck out and find a deal on something.

That's what had to have happened.

Someone finds arrows for that price and it's usually a close-out orthe arrowswere already cut to a length for a wrong order and the place is trying to get rid of them instead of throwing them out.

I bought my last set of ACC's for only $55.00.

I didn't spend alot but got some of the best arrows on the market.
Old 05-30-2007, 04:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Now that's a deal. I need your connections.

I've seen arrows at Basspro for a reduced price. However, so far never what I'm looking for.
Old 05-30-2007, 04:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

It helps that I shoot for the shop but my deal wasn't much better than most could get them for.

They were cut arrows from the factory(assuming they didn't pass specs at full length) but they were fine at my length and still check true after 3 years.

Quick Reply: confusing

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.