Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Is the Commanders cables supposed to be that close the the fletching? >

Is the Commanders cables supposed to be that close the the fletching?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Is the Commanders cables supposed to be that close the the fletching?

Old 05-24-2007, 06:58 PM
Fork Horn

Default Is the Commanders cables supposed to be that close the the fletching?

As I draw my new commander the cables are in the way of my fletchings as I draw back, is this normal? The bow has a muzzy drop away and I shoot 5 inch 3 fletch arrows.
Old 05-24-2007, 07:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Is the Commanders cables supposed to be that close the the fletching?

I have a new Guardian and I have to put my cock vane out to the left so my fletching clears the cables. They are pretty close.
Old 05-25-2007, 04:51 AM

Default RE: Is the Commanders cables supposed to be that close the the fletching?

not sure why they send out those bows w/out enough clearance for your arrows - unless you shoot cock vane out - which hardly any rests are designed that way any more. generally you just have to change cable slides immediately when you buy any bowtech.
Old 05-25-2007, 04:58 AM
Boone & Crockett

I did notice that my Commander's cables were close to my arrow but not to the point where it interferred with the fletching. I will have to check it at full draw as well this evening.
Old 05-25-2007, 08:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot cock-up with my Commander without any problem. I shoot a QAD rest. There is no question the vanes are close, but mine don't interfere.
Old 05-25-2007, 10:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

I suppose they go with minimal clearance to lesson the degree of cam lean.
Old 05-25-2007, 01:50 PM

ORIGINAL: jsasker

I suppose they go with minimal clearance to lesson the degree of cam lean.
Yeah, but aren't the new cams on the Commander and Guardian supposed to do away with cam lean through their new cable routing?
Old 05-25-2007, 02:17 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: KodiakArcher

Yeah, but aren't the new cams on the Commander and Guardian supposed to do away with cam lean through their new cable routing?
Old 05-25-2007, 04:43 PM
Fork Horn

The bow is paper tuned perfect, but as I draw the flecthings hit and I see were they hit on the Muzzy but I still get a great bullet hole in the paper. I cant figure it out. I know feathers collapse during the shot but if they are still hitting then wouldnt that deflect down range causing some kind of tear?
Old 05-25-2007, 04:46 PM

That's the bonus of being able to shoot feathers. Try it with vanes and I doubt you'll get the same result.

Quick Reply: Is the Commanders cables supposed to be that close the the fletching?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.