HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Technical (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical-20/)
-   -   Equalizer vs. Allegiance (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical/192124-equalizer-vs-allegiance.html)

Gutshot2 05-22-2007 07:33 AM

Equalizer vs. Allegiance

I've been looking for a used Equalizer but found a good deal on a 2006 Allegiance. Can anyone tell me the approximate difference in arrow speed I would be getting with a 26.5 inch draw with the Equalizer at 60 dw & the Allegiance at 65?

passthru79 05-22-2007 05:17 PM

RE: Equalizer vs. Allegiance

My 05 allegiance shot 312 with a 350grain arrow set at 70lbs and 29inch draw. With a 2.5inch shorter draw you should be about 25fps slower. I know the equalizer is suppose to be very fast for a short draw lengt bow, so Im guessing they probably would be comparable for speed.

YooperMike 05-23-2007 07:21 AM

Equalizer is pretty much the fastest short-draw rig out there, but the allegiance is a screamer too. You would be more than well-equipped with either bow, and if you can get a deal on the Ally, I would jump on it. The difference in speed will be made up for in the accuracy with the longer ATA of the Allegiance.

Black Frog 05-23-2007 07:28 AM

ORIGINAL: YooperMike

Equalizer is pretty much the fastest short-draw rig out there, but the allegiance is a screamer too.
I know you guys are talking about Bowtechs, but as far as speed in a short draw- I think there's a couple a little faster.

Check out the Elite Envy and the PSE X-Force.

PSE put out a speed table for various draw weight and draw lengths:

http://pse-archery.com/pdf/X-Force%20Data.pdf?PHPSESSID=75be93482247fa8f5051e56 79e05b124

I found this table to be close but at least for my bow it was about 5fps faster than what I got. Could be my chrono too. Still, very fast. I played with a BT Equalizer for a bit as well. The PSE was faster from what I have measured. But shoot all the bows you can and buy the one that feels best to you, and not just based on speed ratings.

TerryM 05-23-2007 08:25 AM

I owned a 26 1/2" 60 lb Equalizer last year and traded it in on a 2007 60 lb Allegiance this year. HAven't run the Ally through the Chrono but I have no doubt the Equalizer was a bit faster. What I do prefer with the Allegiance though is the choice of smooth vs fast modules for the cams. And also if you as stated want to go to 65 lbs ( I'm assuming so you can shoot a heavier arrow ) the the Allegiance is the only one that can do that. I find the Allegiance has a nicer draw cycle than the Equalizer which means more to me than a few fps. The Equalizer is a darn fast bow though.

YooperMike 05-23-2007 08:43 AM

The Envy and X-Force may be a bit faster, but you are going to sacrifice smoothness and just overall nice shooting than if you go with the Bowtech, which "I" think is a much better bow than PSE or Elite, although the Elite is very similar.

Black Frog 05-23-2007 08:50 AM

Now that's why I tell people to go and shoot everything you can before buying.

I have NEVER been a PSE fan, and would have laughed if you told me I was going to own a PSE, but I liked the X-Force better than the Bowtechs I played with. My money went to PSE this year for my hunting bow. Still hard for me to believe.[8D]

I thought it was nicer shooting than the BT's.

But it isfabulous for us as buyers to have so many great choices available to choose from. Shoot 'em all and decide for yourself what fits YOU best.

YooperMike 05-24-2007 11:43 AM

Congrats BF on the new bow. I agree, there are SO many choice nows available that brand loyalty is getting tougher to maintain with so much competition and very similar products.

Black Frog 05-24-2007 11:54 AM

ORIGINAL: YooperMike

....brand loyalty is getting tougher to maintain with so much competition
Now there's something I never really understood.

Brand loyalty.

I've played with Dartons, Hoyts, Mathews, Parkers, Bowtechs, Merlins, Martins, Barnsdales, and PSE's. I picked the ones that I thought were best for me.

I don't understand why people don't buy what they believe is the best product out there for their particular situation, and provides the best customer service regardless of the manufacturer. Why they think they have to be 'loyal' to a particular company.

Why? Unless that company is paying you, or you are sponsored by them- what is the reasoning forthinking you should staywith them? Why not go with the best for you no matter who makes it? Isn't that how competition drives the market to be better?

....sorry about the thread hijack... now back to your regularly scheduled thread. Equalizer vs the Allegiance. :)

TerryM 05-24-2007 03:10 PM

ORIGINAL: Black Frog

Now that's why I tell people to go and shoot everything you can before buying.

I have NEVER been a PSE fan, and would have laughed if you told me I was going to own a PSE, but I liked the X-Force better than the Bowtechs I played with. My money went to PSE this year for my hunting bow. Still hard for me to believe.[8D]

I thought it was nicer shooting than the BT's.

But it isfabulous for us as buyers to have so many great choices available to choose from. Shoot 'em all and decide for yourself what fits YOU best.
You did the intelligent thing and bought the bow "YOU" preferrred, not some fanboy. More people should buy bows with an open mind like that.