HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Technical (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical-20/)
-   -   Tuning seminar follow up (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical/192021-tuning-seminar-follow-up.html)

AllenRead 05-21-2007 09:02 AM

Tuning seminar follow up

Those of you who missed Len's Tuning Seminar this weekend missed a lot of good stuff.

I've worked hard to learn as much about bow tuning and shootingas I could over the last few years, but Len showed me a few things that I didn't have a clue about. We also covered the basics and Len showed us ways that he does things that are not always the same as you will find elsewhere, but are effective and usually quicker.

There was a great give & take on so many tuning topics that I'm still trying to complete my notes.

Len also gave us access to his tools and equipment. I'mcompletely spoiled and have my Christmas and Birthday list filled out to 2010.

In my opinion the seminar was well worth the time & money.

Thanks Len!!

Allen

Paul L Mohr 05-21-2007 02:43 PM

RE: Tuning seminar follow up

I would have loved to go. Just couldn't afford it though. Maybe if it were closer I could have come up with the fee, but figure in gas and lodging and there was no way on what I make after child support.

If he decides to do it again I would like to know as soon as possible and maybe I could start saving up or something. Or maybe if he ever does anything in Michigan I could check it out.

I would love to just sit in the back and watch and listen.

How many ended up going? I quit reading the other thread out of jealousy;).

Paul

bigcountry 05-21-2007 02:55 PM

I was in the seminar too. For those considering taking it in the future, here's what I was able to do. Len pretty well gave us the run of a complete proshop, (his supervision of course;)).

Changed out the cables myself on my old PSE
Learn how to sync the dual cams
And learned important lesson about checking cable length before installing. [:@]
knocked out the axles and inspected, cleaned, and lubed
Checked for bushing wear
Paper tuned the old PSE
corrected cam lean via the yoke on my bow via lasers
Put a new serving on
Tied in a peep and learned how to do without slipping
Cut some arrows and learned how to do it square
Learned to tie in a d-loop.
Learned and witnessed problems to look for in arrows dealing with spine and straightnes
Learned benefit of arrow squaring
Learned how to properly determine draw
Learned how to properly time a dropaway
Learned about some misc while looking tools along with nice apple presses, spot hogg lasers
And much more.

Aspecial thanks out for Len's assistant Phil, he really took the time to help me service my bow.

Just to give you an idea of what you can learn in the seminar. Its pretty informal, so if you have other needs or wants, Len will probably be able to assist. For instance, I was more interested in hands on work, and Phil worked with me on that as Len was working with form for some.

newman1 05-21-2007 04:40 PM

Did not go to the seminar,but was at the shop the day before to see the Bowtech trailer.I got to meet and talk with Pat Dinan and he seemed like a cool guy.I also got to meet some board members like Rickmur and HuntingEd.I guess it would be worth 200.00 bucks,but I guess i am not into that stuff that much anymore.I would rather drop my bow off and let him do it.