Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Allegiance Issues... >

Allegiance Issues...

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Allegiance Issues...

Old 05-06-2007, 08:04 PM

Default Allegiance Issues...

Well, after all the praises I've sung about my Allegiance, I'm finally having problems with her. [&:]

It's the middle of turkey season, I've sworn off the shotgun, and I was drilling tacks; time to mess with things! My serving around my cams was seperating pretty bad, especially around the loops. We had an extra Allegiance string and cable set lying around at work, so I took my bow in and we threw it on.

Big mistake.

My bow was shooting perfect bullet holes through paper with both field tips and broadheads at 6 feet and at 10 yards. Now, I can't get it to tear for the life of me. Neither can anyone else who works there.

Too make matters worse, it appears as if my cams are leaning. Not horribly, but enough that we've noticed it.

I didn't think the cam lean was bad enough to warrant a real interest so we spent the better part of today [off and on for our eight hour shift] trying to tune my bow. We tried it with the rest I had on. We tried it with the Limb Driver, which I had planned on switching over to, and we finally put a NAP Smart Rest on right at close.

I have no clearance issues, the arrows does not contact the rest at all and yet we cannot acheive good tears. The tears aren't even consistant. One minute we'll get a perfect tear and the next it's high and right or just high.

We tried shooting different vanes and feathers.

The timing appears to be fine. The only difference between when I took the bow to work yesterday and how it hangs in the shop now is the new strings.

I'm shooting a 2007 Allegiance at70lbs with a 27.5" drawand fast mods. I'm shooting Easton FMJ 400's with 100 grain tips, wraps, and blazers.

I'm stumped, frustrated, and a bit annoyed with myself. I knew I should have waited until after turkey season, but couldn't help it.

Any ideas? Suggestions? Words of wisdom? I love this bow, but I'm extremely frustrated at this point. What can I do, short of shipping it back to Bowtech?
Old 05-07-2007, 07:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Allegiance Issues...

Perhaps you should try a different arrow. Maybe go with something a little bit stiffer. Maybe the new strings gave you a little better performance than the old strings and now your current arrow is a bit weak. YTou could even try the same arrow but instead of blazers use 4" vanes just to increase the weight in the rear. Or you could turn the draw weight down to about 65lbs and see how that affects things. Actually turning the draw weight down might be the first thing to do as it's easy and can give you some immediate feedback.
Old 05-07-2007, 08:10 AM
bigcountry

I agree with turning down the draw wieght. I never am able to reach 70lb wieght. But I am a big believer in broadhead tuning over paper. I usually let my arrow dictate my poundage, which is usually 65lbs. If I crank it up to 70lbs, my broadheads won't hit where my field points do, and thats important to me.

Old 05-07-2007, 08:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you are shooting an arrow your draw length or shorter the 400's are fine. And if they shot ok before then there's obviously something off and it's not your arrow.

If the string and cablesis the only thing youchanged then I'dstart there.Have you checked to see if the new string is possibly too short or long? Same for the cables.

You stated that the timing is ok. Are you referring to both cams turning in tune or the marks on the cams at rest? If the cams were not leaning before the new string/cables, the string/cablesare the only possibility.

If the cams are leaning contact Bowtech. They're support is top notch and I know you don't wnat to ehar this but I'm betting they will recommend that your bow be taken to a pro shop or shipped back to them to check out.
Old 05-07-2007, 02:33 PM
Spike

Unfortunately cam lean is inherent to the Bowtech Binary cam system. There is nothing you can do about this..
Old 05-07-2007, 02:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

If you noticed no lean before and now you do my first thought would be you have your cables incorrectly crossed or you have the cablescrossing above the cable guard rather than below it.

IMO check your cables over...
Old 05-07-2007, 03:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

The '07's have been designed to correct that issue.
If it does happen Bowtech will do what they can to correct the issue.

Old 05-07-2007, 05:35 PM
mez
Nontypical Buck

I would say put the paper away and broadhead tune it. If I set mine so it tears paper clean my broadheads won't group with my fieldtips. I put the paper away, walkback tuned and then broadhead tuned. Slick Tricks and Muzzy's hit the same as field points out to 50 yards. Won't do it at 10 if I use the paper tune.
Old 05-07-2007, 05:43 PM

I'm no expert, but if you have cam lean, I would be inclined to think that would be part of the problem.....
Old 05-07-2007, 08:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Paper tuning will drive you insane. Walk back or French method won't. You find out exactly what's wrong with both methods much easier.

I started using French method since I read John Dudley's article on it and my arrows fly better than when I did paper tuning.

http://www.dudleyarchery.info/articles/usarcher1FT.pdf

Quick Reply: Allegiance Issues...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.