Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 New NAP arrow rest? >

New NAP arrow rest?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

New NAP arrow rest?

Old 05-04-2007, 04:46 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default New NAP arrow rest?

I just received my '07Cabelas Bowhunting catalog yesterday and while browsing through it I noticed a new rest by NAP archery. I believe it was called the "something"-flipper. It was a full containment and drop away rest with no-linkages whatsoever.

Anybody have any info/experiences they want to share on this one?

I must admit I have not been as vigilant with new accessories this year so I may have missed the discussion on it.

Thank you.
Old 05-04-2007, 07:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: New NAP arrow rest?

I believe you're referring to the Quiktune Flipper, which is a full-containment dropaway rest with no strings or cables. I've held/played with the rest at the ATA show and at NAP's office and it's pretty cool. Very simple, very easy to use, and from the looks of it very reliable. For the price point, which should be around $50, it's hard to beat.

I have a short video clip of Tom Staszack from NAP talking about/showing off the rest at the ATA show that will be posted in the official HNI Field Journal later today. As soon as it's up I'll pop a link in here.

You can also check out their site at http://www.newarchery.com for more info on the rest.
Old 05-04-2007, 06:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Don't know much about this one. But if it works with magnets and the shock of the shot to release it,like one I used to have, I would stay away from it. The one I had needed to be retuned as the weather got colder. In really cold weather I would be sitting on stand with my bow in its holder and the rest would fall down for no reason. The magnet would just lose its grip. I believe it was an NAP also. I got rid of it and now use a Ripcord.
Old 05-08-2007, 04:45 AM
Boone & Crockett

Thank you for the comments gentleman. I believe I am going to have to pick one of these up and give it a workout. If it works as advertised, and in all conditions, then I would have a difficult time finding something else to beat it...especially for the price.

jm,

I believe I owned a rest similar to yours in the past. I did not experience the same problems with it as you did but one of the gentleman I gave it to said that it eventually just stopped working. I am trying to remember the name of it at this point but it escapes me. I want to say it was a Montana Black...something...something but I may be thinking of something else.

Thanks.
Old 05-08-2007, 11:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Here's a link to the video. 4th one down.

http://www.huntingnet.com/fieldjournal/fieldjournal_detail.aspx?nID=664
Old 05-09-2007, 08:06 AM
Boone & Crockett

Thanks Justin. A very informative video. It seems to be some type of momentum-style drop away design based on what the gentleman in the video stated. I am going to order one for myself and if things work out then definitely some for the shop as well.
Old 05-09-2007, 08:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

If and when one of you test run these things , please do a reveiw .
spothogs rest came out at a lower price point , and now nap is out with a lower price point , this is great .
Old 05-10-2007, 11:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hmm, I watched the vid and heard him say
"the movement of the arrow drops the launcher out of the way".

I'm interested in this rest also, so let us know what you find.

No cords= no pull on my binaries.
Old 05-10-2007, 12:32 PM
Boone & Crockett

Ok, you guys have definitely motivated me. I will order one right after I get off work today. It should prove interesting to actually find a piece of equipment that goes against the increasing price trend and yet still delivers something that alot of folks are looking for.
Old 05-10-2007, 01:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: DaveC

No cords= no pull on my binaries.
Please sir,this is a public forum

Quick Reply: New NAP arrow rest?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.