Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Anyone play with the new PSE X-Force yet? >

Anyone play with the new PSE X-Force yet?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Anyone play with the new PSE X-Force yet?

Old 04-27-2007, 08:51 AM
Fork Horn

Default Anyone play with the new PSE X-Force yet?

I don't think I've come across anyone who's mentioned it on this forum. Several owners over on A.T. are posting some wicked numbers for this thing.

I got to shoot one in Pittsburgh, and now I'm considering it for my new hunting bow this year. Nice to have some extra speed for my 27" draw.

Anyone have one here?
Old 04-27-2007, 04:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Anyone play with the new PSE X-Force yet?

I dont own one, but had a chance to play with one about 2 weeks ago. Its fast, no doubt about that. The one I shot was a 29" draw set at 74lbs shooting a 392grain arrow and I believe I got 319 out of it. If you want a flat out speed bow, its a good choice. Its deffinetly not as smooth to draw as other, very hard to draw and has a little hand shock. All in all for what it is I think PSE did a pretty good job.
Old 04-27-2007, 08:28 PM

The formula for speed is definitely there. Lower brace height, high reflex and a draw cycle that really requires some muscle at higher poundages.

If you're into speed, it's available; but, at what price?
Old 04-28-2007, 12:39 PM
Fork Horn

Well, if it shoots well with the lower brace height, and a 60# X-Force will smoke my hunting arrows along 10-20 fps FASTER than my older hunting bow would set at 64-65#, what's not to like? If it shoots well (there's the disclaimer) I can have considerably faster hunting arrows while pulling less poundage. I like that idea.

I took the plunge. I have a 60# on order. Test shooting it impressed me that much. And I've been looking for a new hunting bow all spring- test shooting the new Bowtechs, Dartons, Hoyts, Ross, etc. This X-Force really impressed me.

I have my concerns about the incredible amount of limb preload, but we'll see how things work with time. From the test shooting I did, the bow did NOT perform like any other bow with a short brace height.

Don't know how true it is, but one PSE rep was mentioning that the forward string travel on the shot is quite minimized by the limbs almost going TOWARD the archer because of how bent they are. He said there are some 7+" brace height bows out there where the string will travel forward more towards the wrist than this X-Force with a 6" brace.

After test shooting a 29" bow that was WAY long for me, and the string never even ticked my arm- I might have to give that idea some merit. I'd love to see some slowmo video of it in action. The 60# draw was not bad at all. I can see where a 70# version might be a bit rough, especially after a few hours of sitting in a cold treestand. But I expected the draw to be much harsher for a bow that has this much speed.

So I would imagine in a couple of weeks I'll have one to play with. I'll post some test speeds and impressions then.
Old 04-28-2007, 02:03 PM
Host of Hosts

My dealer who sells Hoyt, Bowtech, Reflex, Diamond and PSE said his PSE rep came in and let him shoot one. Long story short he didn't order any for his stock. He said he'll order them if someone wants one, but wasn't impressed enough to go outon a limb and gamble they'd be a big seller. I wish I could have tried one out, but oh well, I'll have to take his word for it for now.
Old 04-29-2007, 07:30 AM
Fork Horn

They sure did a good job on thecommercials for this new bow. I'll be looking at one for a second bow but I'll wait a year to see what people have to say about it. I only own one bow at this time but always wanted a second for a backup. Thank God for guys like Black Frog who have the resources to take the jump on something that has yet to be proven.
I've been bow hunting for 30 years now and never once had a need for a second, or backup bow, but with all the new technology they are putting in these things it's almost intimidating not to have one. I can't help but think my luck will run out soon and something will break on me while I'm on a hunt of a lifetime and leave me unarmed [:@].
Good luck & I'll be watching.
Old 04-29-2007, 12:19 PM

I was watching one of those outdoor channel shows late last night and they were really pushing the new X-force. 348 fps with the same arrows as "lesser" bows were propelling at 308 fps. They make it sound like a free lunch - quiet, no hand shock. I'm fairly skeptical.
Old 04-29-2007, 02:24 PM

Todd:

Good choice in going with the 60# bow. What I pulled at the ATA Show was the 70# and it took a lot to get it back and hold it properly.

Good luck,

Len
Old 04-29-2007, 05:10 PM

I shot one yeah its fast,but if you like your shoulders i wouldnt buy it,wow that thing had a lousy draw cycle,i thought it was going to jump outa my hand at the shot.
Old 04-29-2007, 10:04 PM
Spike

I've bought one at 70lbs..

still waiting for my accessories and outfitting it with W/C strings.

I had no problems drawing it-but I was comfortable with a Hoyt Supertec before and the Spiral Cams are aggressive.

Quick Reply: Anyone play with the new PSE X-Force yet?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.