Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Fletching videos? >

Fletching videos?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Fletching videos?

Old 04-22-2007, 02:19 PM

Default Fletching videos?

Any body have any links to fletching videos? I am thinking about getting started but would like to know what I am getting into.

Thanks!
Old 04-22-2007, 02:28 PM

Default RE: Fletching videos?

I found this to be very interesting product.....Seems cheap, anybody use one?

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4486058575811204109&sourceid=searchfeed

Old 04-22-2007, 02:40 PM

Another one...

http://www.pineridgearchery.com/products/headline_breen_arrowvid
Old 04-22-2007, 03:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

You must be lonely at work today? A good video would be nice to have. Tip I was given yesterday was to tip the leading and trailing edge of the vane with a small dot of glue. Especially if you use a WB.

I'd like to see him shoot the FOB. I've seen that thing but not used on a bow. I think the guy took the spindle off of something and slid it on the end.
Old 04-22-2007, 03:51 PM

I have two monitors at work, one for Huntingnet.com and the other for my drafting program.
Old 04-23-2007, 07:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Videos would be good but it is very easy to do. I have just started myself and I would invest in the Bitzenburger if I were just starting. Well made and will last forever. The initial setup I would get would be the right helical but it would pay to get the other jigs eventually if you like to experiment. I would suggest getting your jig of choice, a hundred pack of the vanes of choice (they are very cheap), and get started. You will also want to get some denatured alchohol and acetone, a green scrubbing pad, a fairly sharp knife (to remove old vanes), glue (very important ) and maybe some very fine grit sandpaper.

As far as tipping the leading and trailing edge I have just tipped the leading edge when using the whisker biscuit but then I found a way I like better and it seems as effective although I no longer use the biscuit. I start the glue bead at the front of the vane. There always seems to be a tiny bit more glue at the start of the bead and by starting at the front of the vane you would get a little extra there where it would be needed most.
Old 04-29-2007, 05:16 PM

Gateway has a good vid out.Byron ferguson and some other guy show yah what yah need to know.
Old 04-29-2007, 06:08 PM

That "other guy" is Chance Beaubouef, two time Vega Champion (2004 & 2007) as well as many other tournements. Easily in the top 5 tournement archers of the last decade.

However, I agree with you about the gateway video. It's much better than the Bohning video and a couple of others that focus mainly on traditional wood arrows.

Old 04-30-2007, 06:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am telling u,the best way to do fletchings is to just do it and work with It nd u will get better at it. I did and it work perfect.
Old 05-03-2007, 04:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: AllenRead

That "other guy" is Chance Beaubouef, two time Vega Champion (2004 & 2007) as well as many other tournements. Easily in the top 5 tournement archers of the last decade.

However, I agree with you about the gateway video. It's much better than the Bohning video and a couple of others that focus mainly on traditional wood arrows.

Try 3 time winner in 4 years.He won Vegas back to back.

http://www.eastonarchery.com/shopTalkDetails.asp?shopTalkId=132

Quick Reply: Fletching videos?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.