Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Legacy Question

Old 12-16-2002, 06:56 PM

Default Legacy Question

I just purchased a new Legacy. It is a 29" draw but it seems shorter than my old 29" PSE I had before this. Will there be any cable relax where the draw lenght will seem longer after shooting for awhile. This is only my second new bow, does each bow feel a little different ?
Thanks

God Is Good
Praise His Name
Old 12-16-2002, 07:06 PM

Default RE: Legacy Question

Mathews seems to run short on drawlength. I have Legacy and it is little short. You can solve this by shooting d-loop which to me is best way. Your string should strech after 100 shots or more. I have twisted my cables to get my string back inplace. Once you have it right, mark bottom cam in place with white marker or paint. Then if string strechs you can twist cables back to oringinal mark. Email me if you have any more questions or email georgedixon.net George is Mathews pro. Great guy and will help anyone, check out his websight.
Old 12-17-2002, 09:16 AM

I hav found Mathews strings stretch out after about 100-300 shots. you will pick up some additional length once this happens. You can also try a string loop as okbwhtr stated. I currently use BCY's string loop material which is a great product for making loops.
Old 12-17-2002, 04:27 PM

Orions_Bow, you are correct about the Zebra string. My string on my new Icon is stretching like crazy. I have, however, been told that you should not let it go and just consider it a longer drawl length. I have been told that the cam will get out of timing. There are two holes that should stay parallel with the string. You should put a twist or two or three until it stops stretching. I don't know for sure but that is what I was told from a Mathews dealer in Sparta Wi. Scott