Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

MZE on Bowtech

Old 04-19-2007, 02:13 PM
Typical Buck

Default MZE on Bowtech

For those that installed the MZE on Bowtech bows, are the cables touch where they crossed below the slider? I am putting one on my Equalizer and the cables are rubbing. I'm afraid the the cables will make more noise and/or fail prematurely. Crossing on top is ok, but Bowtech manual said cross below. Any suggestion? Thanks.
Old 04-19-2007, 02:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: MZE on Bowtech

I had the same issue when I installed my MZE. I ultimately ended up crossing the cables above.
Old 04-19-2007, 02:51 PM

It works great on my Bowtech Justice.

Len installed it in 2004 and I haven't had any problems.

I think that Len crossed the cables above. I don't shoot this bow except before and during the season, so I'll have to check unless Len posts before I can.

Don't ask me how I do know that if you cross them the other way, the MZE won't work well.
Old 04-19-2007, 03:41 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks for the feedback. I talked to Mark. He said that it should be fine with the cables touching. But I'm still worried. Please keep it coming. I want to seehow the majority set up theirs. Thanks.
Old 04-19-2007, 03:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

Some Bowtech-manufactured bows do indeed require the cables to be crossed above, as does the Black Ice. I've installed MZE's on my '06 Tribute, '06 Ally and now my '07 Ally and yes, the cables do indeed touch slightly but I haven't had a bit of problems out of them. In preparation for my upcoming elk hunt in August, I've been shooting in the neighborhood of 50-100 shots every day for the past couple months on my brand new Ally, and it looks no worse for the wear than it did the day I got it.
Old 04-19-2007, 04:04 PM
Typical Buck

Greg,

What about noise?

I'm setting mine up for elk this year too. That's the reason I'm worrying.
Old 04-19-2007, 05:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

This may sound dumb. But are you guys talking about a Muzzy Zero Effect? If so, I'm glad to see that people have no problems on the Ally. I have a WB but am kicking around the idea about the MZE. No problems with durability?

What model for the Ally?
Old 04-19-2007, 05:58 PM
Typical Buck

Yes, we're talking about the Muzzy.

The 600-PC works better for the parallel limb.
Old 04-19-2007, 07:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

dave, this thread should give you all the information you need to get started looking at the MZE... http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1687790&mpage=1&key=pass%2csalt& amp;#1687790

yajsab, the noise factor is exactly why I like the Zero Effect; there's just NONE, period. Independent testing has confirmed that this is the quietest rest on the market currently (admittedly done before Vapor Trail's Limbdriver was released, but I know the launcher arm on that particular rest has to be "quieted" with foam or something as well since the launcher arm slaps the arrow shelf upon release).

Once you install a MZE, you'll see... there's just nothing hitting against anything else to make noise; the launcher arm (hook) simply moves out of the way. Simple, yet ingenious.
Old 04-19-2007, 07:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Greg,

Thank you for the link about the set-up.

Quick Reply: MZE on Bowtech

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.