Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

G5 meta peep

Old 04-17-2007, 12:37 AM

Default RE: G5 meta peep

I wonder if it matters what size you are shooting, some of the larger peeps are pretty thin walled, I shot a 1/8" @ 80#'s and so far so good. (knock on wood).
Old 04-17-2007, 04:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have/had the 1/4". I'm sure that may be part of the problem. the outside diameter of all of the peeps are the same. The hole diameter is the oly difference. Therefore, I'm sure that has a lot to do with it. It may be the properties of the magnesium that have something to do with it too.

Mine took about a month and a halfof time with shooting twice a week and about 60-80 arrows or more a session. So,480 to 640 shots or so. To be safe I'd say less than 1000. I didn't notice it untilI took it off the string to have the bow serviced. Saw the shape and then noticed the cracks where the string passes thru the slots on the sides.
Old 04-17-2007, 08:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default G5 meta peep update

Iemailed G5 last night about the issue. Brian emailed me back to call him today. I called him up and he told me to just mail it back to him and they would send me a new one. He said that they've added a 1/2" grain to it and also changed it a little.

So, anyone else with the issue can email or call G5 to get it a replacement.
I'll see if the replacement works better. I've laready orderd a 1/4" fletcher aluminum max hunter for if this thing fails again.
Old 04-17-2007, 04:17 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: G5 meta peep update

I have the new ones on all three of my bows and all three are egged. G5 is tryin to save face by tellin people they fixed the problem but the magnesium just cant take the force and latteral pressure put on them. I think know its a great product but the did not think about the forces the newer bows of the future can dish out. I am shipping mine back friday and hope to get some type of explanation or refund but I think I'm wasting my time.
Old 04-17-2007, 04:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: G5 meta peep update

big,

That sucks and probably means I'm wasting my time.

I ordered an aluminum peep along with my serving tools. So, we'll see what I decide to do when I have both. I'll probably put the G5 on and if it eggs it goes in the garbage and I call G5 and tell them they didn't get it right.

Old 04-27-2007, 02:56 AM
Spike

I am shooting a Hoyt Vipertec set at #70 and have had a 1/4" Meta Peep on it since they came out on the market I haven't noticed any problems with it other than it keeps turning on me but I believe that was how it ws put on.
Old 04-27-2007, 05:03 PM
Fork Horn

If you don't put the serving at least one inch above and one inch below that is where alot of the problems are coming from I have a 5/16" on my 07 Allegiance with no problems not saying I won't have though.
Old 04-28-2007, 07:25 AM

In the case of some of the custom strings with much higher twists per inch, pressureis greatly increased on the peep to the tune of less than 1" as previously noted. To achieve 1" clearance on each side of a peep you'd have to untwist some strings - NOT. Aluminum peeps like Tru-Peep and Radical don't have these problems.

Peep manufacturers also have to be aware of these more intense twist rates and their subsequent tighter angles on the sides of the peep. Therefore they have to make sure the peeps don't present sharp edges to the strands and which can cut string strands and eventually cause strings to break at the peep location. We've already seen this happen.
Old 04-29-2007, 06:49 AM

I put a 3/16" on my bow yesterday and gained 7 fps....I looked at it this morning and so far so good, it's in perfect shape.

Just a question of curiosity...For ya'll that are having problems, how are you tying the peep in? Do you serve above and below, or just around the peep?
Old 04-29-2007, 08:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Above and below.
The factory Bowtech string does have a lot of twists in it. However, I'm not sure what is a good or bad number of twists per foot.

An update: G5 shipped mea new peep last week. It really looks exactly like the last one. I'll put it on a new string that I'm ordering and see what happens.

Quick Reply: G5 meta peep

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.