Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Fall away rests? >

Fall away rests?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Fall away rests?

Old 04-04-2007, 09:02 PM

Default Fall away rests?

Has anybody out there ever used an Avalanche fall away rest from Cavalier-Archery (Arizona Archery)? I saw an add in a magazine and went to there website. They says it's the best fall away there is, but the comoany is going to say that. It has some nice features.

cavalier-archery.com
Old 04-05-2007, 05:01 AM

Default RE: Fall away rests?

never used it i prefer trophytaker
Old 04-05-2007, 06:03 AM
Typical Buck

I have not shot the Avalanche but from the hi res picture on their web site it certainly seems to be a well built rest. Is it the best, probably not, but that shouldn't deter you from trying it if that is what trips your trigger.

Operationally it seems similar to the NAP QuickTune Smart rest and many of the other launcher arm drop awaysexcept that the pull cord is on the outside of the riser. If you are shooting a Hoyt bow, this may mean that your pull cord will be outside of the Tec riser bridge and constantly rubbing on the finish.

The launcher looks to be a solid piece of metal, heavier, but similar to a lizard tounge launcher. For a target shooter this would probably be fine, however in a hunting situation, this could lead to problems with keeping the arrow on the launcher during the draw cycle (not a for sure, but a possibiilty).

Just my $0.02

Old 04-05-2007, 12:04 PM
Boone & Crockett

IMHO for 2007 the best fall away rest for hunting is going the be the X-TREME FC from Trophy Taker. It incorperates everything a hunter could want in a hunting rest. Full containment, 100% reliable arrow pick up, zero fletching contact, built like a tank.
Old 04-05-2007, 08:48 PM

Thanks for all the help. I think I'll keep my QAD Ultra Pro.