Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Who said that physics wasn't fun? >

Who said that physics wasn't fun?

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Who said that physics wasn't fun?

Old 04-18-2007, 04:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Who said that physics wasn't fun?

Oh, sorry. Must have been past my bed time. Name was too close. I think I will call to see what they have to say. Thank you again.
Old 04-18-2007, 07:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Arthur,

Since you won't be adult enough to let me respond to your PM I'll post it here and comment.

[blockquote]quote:

The thread was down to just talking aboutweight forward arrows and me making fun of myself.[/blockquote]

Oh, sure, right after you and passthru making fun of me and Straightarrow. I think what you two were saying about usis best illustrated by passthru's comment, paraphrased as "hardheaded know-it-alls." That following all the derision you aimed at Straightarrow - he's my friend and when you insult him you've insulted me as well. Yes indeed, you've show SUCH respect in this thread. What an ass!

Your profile says you're an electrical engineer. I've known a great many engineers - my trade was heavily involved with them - and I've not known a single one who would simply dismiss a study out of hand. If they disagreed with theconclusion drawn, they'd dive into it and search out some flaw in methodology or calculations... anything to prove it wrong.An engineer would know how to properly design and conduct a bonafide test. You did neither. Unprofessional, at best. Incompetent, for sure.

So, I have to doubt whether you are truthful in your profile. Doubting that, I have to doubt anything else you say.

I'm perfectly willing to bury the hatchet. Since I have no desire to speak to you any more - after all, you don't respect me and I certainly don't respectanyone who doesn't reciprocate- I'm putting you on my blocked list. So don't bother to respond. I won't see it. That's the only way I see forthis matter to finallyget put to rest.

So here is my response.

i extend a hand in friendship and you respond like a high school baby. I didn't make fun of you in any way.

Like any good engineer I did not dismiss Ashby's. On several occasions I quoted Ashby directly and stated whyI disagreed. I read the report and came up with my own conclusions on why it didn't agree with all of it or even why I felt it was irrelevant. Why I did allI kept getting is Ashby wrote it and that's all that matters.I offer a real world solution and you snap and rant on about god knows what.

If you really wanted it to end you would have simply accepted my hand whenI offered it instead of making a complete ass out of yourself.

As for my abilities as an engineer. Please, what a joke to even try to make me feel incompetent. My peers respect me and people 30 yrs older than me respect my abilities. Two years out of college I was troubleshooting and handling a multi-million dollar contract that people with more experience than me where messing-up.

I offered to do a basic test and the offer was accepted. If a more scientific test was asked for I would conduct one. You offer no tests just someone else's report. At least I made the effort.

In conclusion, grow-up and act like a man instead of a child.

Old 04-18-2007, 07:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

dave, bringing PM's over to a thread is a bit classless. [:'(]
Old 04-18-2007, 07:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Bob,

Sending a PM like that is more classless. I apologized to the guy and he acts like a 2 YR old and says crap and then won't let me respond?that shows no class at all.

Old 04-18-2007, 07:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: BobCo19-65

Yes, very much so.
Old 04-18-2007, 07:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: davepjr71

Bob,

Sending a PM like that is more classless. I apologized to the guy and he acts like a 2 YR old and says crap and then won't let me respond?that shows no class at all.

Well, in my experience, if you thought that was classless then you should have let it go, not make a public spetacle of it. Letting it go would have been classy.
Old 04-18-2007, 07:48 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: BobCo19-65

More than a bit classless!!
Old 04-18-2007, 07:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yes, that would ahve been the classy thing to do. However, I'm a hot head and sometimes my emotions cloud my judgement. The guy made it sound like he wanted to bury the hatchet and instead attacks and does not allow a retunr comment. And it's extremely hard to read crap like that and sit on my hands like a good little boy.

Therefore,I apologize to those that I've offended. It was not in good taste. However, I do not retract whatI said.

Good job sticking with your Boy bowhunter.
Old 04-18-2007, 03:34 PM

Wow......I sure am glad that I got out of engineering when I did...
An engineering degree (no matter who has it) does not equivilate brilliance, it does however show commitment to studyto get answers right on test.

Who would have thought engineers were so hostile.....glad I opted for owning my own business!!! At least in my office, I'm always right!!!!! j/k, but seriously, can't we just shoot and have fun? Cause, if I remember correctly, the most exciting thing to me about archery is that arrow hitting a deer, disappearing into it's hide, and tracking a blood trail. Nothing else like it!!!

Have fun fellows!!!
Old 04-18-2007, 03:40 PM

Oh and TFOX,
Awesome note in your signature about supporting the troops AND their mission. I am 100% with you on that. It's nice to see what the media doesnt want us to see and that's REAL PEOPLE who understand what being a patriot is!!!!

Respect to you, brother!!!

Quick Reply: Who said that physics wasn't fun?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.